• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

4 minutes ago, locky said:

Tbone bumpers front and rear.

Hi Locky

better to upgrade them straight out of the box ?

It looks like it a really popular model so can't wait to get one, April can't come quick enough.

I was looking at the Xmaxx today, that also looks like a ton of fun.

Edited by Peachy37

6 minutes ago, Peachy37 said:

I was looking at the Xmaxx today, that also looks like a ton of fun.

Deep pockets needed compared to FS, bigger is not always better. Tbones will help protect as FS dont have any proper bumpers, chances are you will hit something front on, rear bumper acts like a wheelie bar. 

19 minutes ago, locky said:

Deep pockets needed compared to FS, bigger is not always better. Tbones will help protect as FS dont have any proper bumpers, chances are you will hit something front on, rear bumper acts like a wheelie bar. 

Yeah, it's a lot more. Been looking at the HPI Bullet MT, not sure I can wait for the FS stock, lol.

7 minutes ago, Peachy37 said:

Yeah, it's a lot more. Been looking at the HPI Bullet MT, not sure I can wait for the FS stock, lol.

There's a tidy bone stock Firestorm Flux in the sales section. I'd take that one a new Bullet MT any day.

8 hours ago, Peachy37 said:

Don't go with the bullet stick with the fs. Tbone bumpers and away you go.

Zippy lipos are really good. I use a 4000mah 2s in my firestorm. Also just got t bone bumpers and they make a world of difference in terms of protection.

As for chargers, since I'm still new to the rc hobby world, I got a fairly basic balance charger from robotbirds ... which for the money is actually really good. Balances well and has a storage function which always takes them to a good storage voltage level. Can be found here ..

https://www.robotbirds.co.uk/default/ft680-ac-dc-80watt-charger.html

.... but again, I guess this is quite an entry level balance charger.

12 hours ago, everclear1984 said:

There's a tidy bone stock Firestorm Flux in the sales section. I'd take that one a new Bullet MT any day.

Nice one, I've PM the seller so hopefully I'll have one soon enough.

Edited by Peachy37
  • Like 1

If im honest and youre in a rush you wont be dissapointed with a rustler VXL. My concern with HPI at the mo is theyve just come back from financial ruin. The parts situation isnt great for most models right now and their Flagship Savage Flux XL was late. The April date certainly isnt set in stone and nor is the parts situation 100% going to rectify. A Rustler VXL is avaliable today with un paralleled parts and after market  support. 

Im confident HPI will be sorted by April,  (In fact I bought a HPI RS4 3 on Tuesday). But its far from Gaurenteed. Whats spare parts like for a Firestorm right now?

21 minutes ago, Guns said:

If im honest and youre in a rush you wont be dissapointed with a rustler VXL. My concern with HPI at the mo is theyve just come back from financial ruin. The parts situation isnt great for most models right now and their Flagship Savage Flux XL was late. The April date certainly isnt set in stone and nor is the parts situation 100% going to rectify. A Rustler VXL is avaliable today with un paralleled parts and after market  support. 

Im confident HPI will be sorted by April,  (In fact I bought a HPI RS4 3 on Tuesday). But its far from Gaurenteed. Whats spare parts like for a Firestorm right now?

There are enough breakers out there that parts supply hasn't really been an issue so far, you just have to search around a little more than before.

1 hour ago, Guns said:

If im honest and youre in a rush you wont be dissapointed with a rustler VXL.

Hi Guns

Not really in a rush, just want to get driving asap. I looked at the Rustler but after a few days of online vids and forums most people agreed that the FS is better VFM and some say it handles better and more robust.

The Overlander RC6-VSP is a decent budget charger. Battery wise it depends whether you intend to run 2s or 3s. If I were you I'd start with 2s, I used run 6000mah zippy hardcase in mine. If someone doesn't beat me to it I'll post the dimensions of the battery, then you can go on Hobbyking and find the highest capacity  pack that will fit.

2 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

The Overlander RC6-VSP is a decent budget charger. Battery wise it depends whether you intend to run 2s or 3s. If I were you I'd start with 2s, I used run 6000mah zippy hardcase in mine. If someone doesn't beat me to it I'll post the dimensions of the battery, then you can go on Hobbyking and find the highest capacity  pack that will fit.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Peachy37 said:

I know I keep asking but what are the best  / decent batts and charger for the FS, I'm a total newbie is all.

Previously gave details in one of your threads. Best depends on many things, you can spend as much as you like or as little and not really see much difference.

39 minutes ago, locky said:

Previously gave details in one of your threads. Best depends on many things, you can spend as much as you like or as little and not really see much difference.

Nice one

Its like aladdins cave on those websites. I guess with me being new to it all and not having a bottomless pit of money I don't eat to get burnt getting rubbish, or over expensive Batts and charger.