• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

Does this temp gun look ok, or do I need something better?

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/310646217329?nav=SEARCH

I've just ordered that exact one, works brilliantly. I ordered from this seller though as it came with a battery

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=390872471000&alt=web

looks good that weight.

took mine out again on 2s and it really isnt as much fun as 3s plus the wheels isnt as grippy as i like it to be.

doh! keep forgetting to bring gopro out too :(

Yeah, the weight helps but I have an alu top deck now which is about the same weight.

Took mine out today, nearly got through an entire set of those cheap Chinese tyres! Got a bit of footage, I'll post it up when I get chance to look at it. Had to go easy on her though, racing tomorrow :)

Need a new chassis?

Also what ESC is that

Fortunately not, it's a separate piece to the chassis. It's a Vapor Pro ESC.

Ouch! What are the chances you break your front bumper, then run without and smash the front end!!

Typical, right?! Haha. Never mind, all shall be repaired ready to bash another :)

• Like 1

thing with alu it doesn't flex so a lot of the time the shock is passed onto something else.

The top plate looks nice but makes the front of the chassis far to stiff.

Thanks for the pointer, I'll switch it out for the plastic one when I repair it.

had a go on 3s earlier and now i realize what people are talking about the steering, it does wheelies non-stop!

will have to look into the weighted top deck

Or turn the punch down on the ESC

I crashed my firestorm into my little man's front wheel of his bike... Wiping him out.. He didn't see the funny side. But he was fine after a few tears of shock! Daddy what are you doing to me??

He noticed the front right wheel hanging on by the suspension arm alone. Both turnbuckles popped off the ball joints.

I popped them back on with my fingers.

I then noticed the ball joint that bolts into the suspension tower had been pulled out of its hole about 3mm.

I also pushed it back in with my fingers.

IMAG0136.jpg

You can see in the PIC its not bolted in tight, thread has been stripped.

Can I put a nut on the under side or should I replace the suspension tower?

Edited by Goldigger