• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XT60 V Deans

djr2096

XT60's all out of stock from hobbyking! What a joke they are, I want to re solder all my gear at Xmas!!

I ordered some from the international warehouse as they were out of stock in the uk one. I chose the cheapest postage option and they arrived today. I ordered them on the 7th.

So if you order some now you might get them before Xmas. Might bring the word

I'm with Noj just use bullets now, (for hardcase Turnagy's with connection on top of the battery) I use a male 5.5mm bullet on the live that connects directly into the battery the negitive side has a 5.5mm female on it so I have to connect a short male to female connecting wire so I can't go wrong, I've also made up leads to interconnect for XT90, XT150 for 4s and 6s and an HXT4mm should I want to connect 2x 2s.

I used to use Deans but found they were heating up and the plastic was melting causing them to be nigh on impossible to disconnect....aswell as causing intermittent connection issues.

I now use 5.5mm bullets which have been really good to me so far, really easy to solder and connect/disconnect. My only concern with them is I am always very wary of arcing them when in transit, specially if I have more than one pack in the same pouch.

Edited by shdaxner

I used to use Deans but found they were heating up and the plastic was melting causing them to be nigh on impossible to disconnect....aswell as causing intermittent connection issues.

I now use 5.5mm bullets which have been really good to me so far, really easy to solder and connect/disconnect. My only concern with them is I am always very wary of arcing them when in transit, specially if I have more than one pack in the same pouch.

This was also one of my concerns when I used 5.5mm bullets. Even though I never had issues with the bullets I swapped to EC5 a few months back, which was worth it just for the piece of mind.

I know the colours are wrong, but here's how I add a cone of Heatshrink to keep the pos and neg apart, takes seconds to do and works well.

IMAG0016.jpg

• Like 1

Should I convert to ec5 for my vorza on 6s

If you buy EC5's get the genuine EFlite ones, not Quantum. EFlite you solder bullet and push through the back, easy. Quantum you have to slide cable through the connector first and then solder bullet and pull back. Anything bigger than 10awg won't go through the Quantum's.

Hence the reason I only use hardcase packs that have the connections directly on the top that way you can transport them safe in the knowledge they cannot touch :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Im glad this has come up....my turnigy batterys have xome with HXT connectors, how do i remove these with out cutting the wire? I cant get the plastic housing off.

Only asking as i bought a load of deans connectors back along to convert everything the same as lots of people rave about them! Just look cheap to me when they turned up lol and i didnt realise they were that small compared to 10guage wire....

Edited by n3il

I did exactly the same, if there cheap, they will probably melt, I went for XT90s on everything, now my XT60s have turned up I'm considering changing all over again. If genuine deans can shift the savage flux then (50A rating per connector?) then I'm sure the XT60s will be fine.

n3il, cut the plastic casing off with a Stanley. Split the connector in two and tape one down whilst working on the other (to prevent arcing). Once the bullets are free, clamp in helping hands, heat bullet with gas torch, wire drops out and is still tinned ;)

Thank you Danny p do you have a link where to buy some hobby king have been out of stock for a while now

Guys at the heli club have used HK EC5's and they have cracked. Go for genuine EFlite ones. MS sell genuine EFlite EC5's but only in pairs. My go to shop for heli stuff doesn't have stock, have a search...Maybe feebay, Amazon?

Or

Just get bullets ;)