• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show Us Your Savvy!

dazzi220

So in theory, if I was to go the centre diff route am I right in thinking that I'd need the following - 

Alza centre diff mount

Suitable diff

Battery trays

Motor

Esc

Anything I'm missing?

I'm not looking to extend the chassis so would the longer front dogbone be necessary?

Any Savvy diff will work. Dejan will advise on dogbones. 

ESC mount, fabricate your own?

On 19/01/2020 at 20:45, everclear1984 said:

So in theory, if I was to go the centre diff route am I right in thinking that I'd need the following - 

Alza centre diff mount

Suitable diff

Battery trays

Motor

Esc

Anything I'm missing?

I'm not looking to extend the chassis so would the longer front dogbone be necessary?

42 minutes ago, Tug said:

Any Savvy diff will work. Dejan will advise on dogbones. 

ESC mount, fabricate your own?

Thanks Tug. I'll worry about mounting the esc when it comes to it, I'm sure I could knock something together 😊

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A direct fit motor mount simply doesn't exist any more, and the limited available space means a universal mount isn't an option. Battery trays and single speed conversion shouldn't be too hard, it's just the mount that put a stop to it for me. 
Actually I got one off Amazon, works great (though truck isn't running yet but motor is in). See my build. It's an Integy mount and I'm using a Traxxas motor. No monster but it'll shift.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Bikerboysmiler said:

Actually I got one off Amazon, works great (though truck isn't running yet but motor is in). See my build. It's an Integy mount and I'm using a Traxxas motor. No monster but it'll shift.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll have a look for your build but the Integy mounts are for 550 sized motors aren't they? 

Edited by everclear1984

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Noisy nitro gone, clean green brushless in! Saving the planet one Savage at a time :D

Still some tidying to do but it runs, I'm hoping to give it a little test tonight. Time to bash, break and upgrade lol. 

IMG_20200302_143338

IMG_20200302_143431

Edited by everclear1984
  • Like 2

Noisy nitro gone, clean green brushless in! Saving the planet one Savage at a time [emoji3]

Still some tidying to do but it runs, I'm hoping to give it a little test tonight. Time to bash, break and upgrade lol. 

49609725702_91686df098_b.jpg  
49609476616_c7e6799015_b.jpg  
What mount did you use? Sorry I didn't get back to you. Looks clean!

Cheers
Tyler

• Like 1

Ah yes the Alza is a hefty piece of kit! I couldn't find a used one as affordable price point so got a Flux transmission and used the Integy mount I mentioned before with the Traxxas motor. Still not set up and run it, had a lot of stuff get in the way. It's just a hobby so no real excuse but I'd love to waste a weekend playing about getting the Savvy and my Storm buggy running.

PS I like your battery mounts. I've don't something similar but alot cheaper. But that's not chat for this thread I don't think.

Nice work everclear1984

Cheers

Tyler

52 minutes ago, Bikerboysmiler said:

Ah yes the Alza is a hefty piece of kit! I couldn't find a used one as affordable price point so got a Flux transmission and used the Integy mount I mentioned before with the Traxxas motor. Still not set up and run it, had a lot of stuff get in the way. It's just a hobby so no real excuse but I'd love to waste a weekend playing about getting the Savvy and my Storm buggy running.

PS I like your battery mounts. I've don't something similar but alot cheaper. But that's not chat for this thread I don't think.

Nice work everclear1984

Cheers

Tyler

Get it done 😊

The battery trays cost me £15 to have printed, happy with that! 

On 02/03/2020 at 21:39, Bikerboysmiler said:

First bash. I'd call it a success, despite the broken battery tray. The tray that broke was more like likely down to my impatience when installing it. The holes didn't quite line up and instead of widening them a little I flexed the tray and locked them down tight. The other tray went on perfectly and held up just fine.

Also, no more jumps to concrete! Lol

• Like 2

Haven't had my flux out in ages. Forgot how fast they are! 

I broke another 3d printed battery tray today, they look great but are unfortunately too brittle. Has anyone used the Alza trays? Any other suggestions? From what I understand, the flux trays won't fit the X

Edit- The Alza trays won't fit either 😥

Edited by everclear1984

I broke another 3d printed battery tray today, they look great but are unfortunately too brittle. Has anyone used the Alza trays? Any other suggestions? From what I understand, the flux trays won't fit the X

Edit- The Alza trays won't fit either [emoji26]
Hey everclear
I used Integy trays from Amazon and 2 screw holes line up with my chassis. Check my build. Cheap trays worth trying... I haven't/don't bash mine like you do though so don't need them to be so tough. And I've not run the car yet but the trays are solidly mounted.
Hope that helps.

Cheers
Tyler

23 minutes ago, Bikerboysmiler said:

Hey everclear
I used Integy trays from Amazon and 2 screw holes line up with my chassis. Check my build. Cheap trays worth trying... I haven't/don't bash mine like you do though so don't need them to be so tough. And I've not run the car yet but the trays are solidly mounted.
Hope that helps.

Cheers
Tyler

Thanks. I definitely need to use as many mounting points as possible, I still feel like I'm holding back lol.

I've just bought a pair of these, I'll drill new holes and counter sink then, hopefully it'll hold.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=430582&gclid=Cj0KCQjw0pfzBRCOARIsANi0g0vL_OdUyUvDFbXDYvwLXq_b2YwyEsWQTKRqh2tHlNMnpIQm2CZiq4UaAjPTEALw_wcB

Edited by everclear1984

• 1 month later...

During the lockdown I've removed the XL stubs and put stockers back on. Prefer it visually and the handling is more involving, gotta pay attention during the turns. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Mines running lst cvds front now with a hybrid between an lst shaft and a chinese flux cvd stub. I had to backspace it 5mm to get it to work nicely with the hotbodies diffs but i gave it a test run the other day and it went really well. Working on a prototype wheel now to send to a machinist and have four made. Quite excited

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ninetiesbeard said:

Mines running lst cvds front now with a hybrid between an lst shaft and a chinese flux cvd stub. I had to backspace it 5mm to get it to work nicely with the hotbodies diffs but i gave it a test run the other day and it went really well. Working on a prototype wheel now to send to a machinist and have four made. Quite excited

This was the first motor I used, a Leopard 58110, 780kv monster, basically a clone of the 2028.

2020-05-25_08-42-41

• Like 1