• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Dogs and sprouts.Are they ok for them?

martin34

Now i promise i am not on a wind up :P .My dog is loving eating raw sprouts as a treat rather than doggy treats that are fattening.My mum says she is sure they are ok for him as we know obviously chocolate is a never and apparently onion and garlic and grapes arnt good for them aswell.Where do i search to check that raw sprouts are ok for him?Thanks i am going back to my corner now :P

mate my dog loves sprouts lol but they certainly don't love him for the next couple of days he absolutly stinks lmao , they won't harm your dag and i should imagine they will be good for it , my dog near enough has fresh veg's everyday as marie is craving roast dinners everyday so i put him some aside , they would be better cooked for your dog tbh , but now and then won't hurt , your mum is right about the onion grapes are ok but without the skin chocolate is an absolute no no and so is cheese too , as for garlic im sure thats fine and quite good for dogs in moderation and cooked into foods but not raw , i could be wrong with a cuople of bits but i have looked into this sort of thing in the past (a couple of years ago roughly) :good:

What does chocolate do to dogs?

It contains a chemical called theobromine which shuts down their internal organs. So obviously when one organ goes, it causes a chain reaction.

Grapes and onions are also bad but I can't remember the effects they have. Garlic is fine in certain quantities, but if people want to give that as a supplement its best to use capsules from healthspan or somewhere. Brussels are fine but like anything when it comes to dogs they're best in moderation.

Thanks again guys.Its good to know they arnt bad for him :good: .He gets the odd sprout if he goes and gets the post from the front door or if we have a roast :P .Eamo chocolate is deffinatley a big no no like said above.