• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya 58618 Monster Beetle Re-release

53HRA

Don't get me wrong, it's nice, I bet it's a fun model, but...

"Updated" version?? It's got new driveshafts.

That's not an updated version! That's the old one with new driveshafts!

I bet it still runs with plastic bushes as well. Tamiya R&D staff have the easiest job on the planet. And their accountants must be pissing themselves.

EDIT: I stand by what I said, but... maaaaaan, it does look good, though!

Edited by Praet0r87

Whoa, get in, im having one of these baby's, i just nearly bought a mint blackfoot for silly money, glad i held off now :)

Im Just in the middle of restoring a celica grb, i hope in the near future tamiya re-re this and the 959.

Edited by the watchman

I understand that Tamiya are catering for a 'retro demand' and are pleasing many that detest 'old but original' models going into stupid money - some into several thousand pounds when once were

• 3 weeks later...

Great looking cars and all, but everything made by tamiya is too weak to  have  any real fun with, unless all you intend on doing is driving on tarmac with no obstacles !

This comment has left me baffled beyond belief. 

I'm guessing you're joking? 

This comment has left me baffled beyond belief. 

I'm guessing you're joking? 

Umm, no...

I've owned a plethora of tamiya's over the years  and i've never been happy with their build quality !  Maybe my expectations were too high?

Edited by gigeogre

He must be.... Plenty of happy, bashing owners to prove the contrary :)

I know right? 

Umm, no...

I've owned a plethora of tamiya's over the years  and i've never been happy with their build quality !  Maybe my expectations were too high?

They ain't the best but what the hell have you done to yours? I've got 2 DT-02 chassied kits, a Super Clod Buster and a DT-03 Aqroshot, all of which have been well bashed with far fewer breakages than I would have expected. If you'd seen the Aqroshot in action last Tuesday you wouldn't have believed it was a Tamiya! It's running a 3300kv can on 2s and goes like the proverbial, at one point during a full throttle run it caught the front end on a bank and did a flat spin, I panicked, fearing the worst and it just kept going.