• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

How to- Fix a dented pipe

bodgemonkey

1) Plug pipe outlet and return valve

2) Fill with water

3) Plug header

4) Stick in freezer

5) Wait

6) Wait for it to de frost fully, and make sure it's dry, then re-fit

Worked for me and many people on lstforums. smile.gif

Edited by nosmonkey
  • Like 2

awesome mate a good little tip that bud good.gifgood.gif

No problem, should save someone a few bob one day

lol i thought this was a question., Probably the only nitro answer i know is this lol

fixed ;)

it does work on light dents, instead of water use milk good for all things :rofl:

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

this would only work on a quality pipe though, if you were to do it on a stock hyper pipe it would probably split the weld first, they not that strong to begin with

• 4 months later...

What do people use to plug the ends? I've tried this a couple of times using pencil erasers cut to a bung shape and then secured by wrapping in electrical tape. Both times the water pushes one of the bungs out or just pushes past them. Would milk be any different?

• 5 weeks later...

What do people use to plug the ends? I've tried this a couple of times using pencil erasers cut to a bung shape and then secured by wrapping in electrical tape. Both times the water pushes one of the bungs out or just pushes past them. Would milk be any different?

wet bog roll, also freezes so it blocks the ends nicely

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys, sorry for bringing up a dead thread and everything but i've tried this wit blu-tak and well it's done a good job i'll give it that, it's brought the dent out pretty well but theres just one last part of it that it doesnt want to do, and I've done it a few times and fully left it to solidify and what not, but the blu-tak just doesnt seem to hold against the pressure and I dont have much faith in wet bog roll lol, so any other suggestions? or a tip on how to use the bog roll?

and should I use milk for the last part of the dent?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...