• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My E-Revo Brushless with a few Mods

Granby

Seems my E-Revo has a little cousin biggrin.gif, done a couple of little mods already to the summit, changed the rockers for MERV ones and put ball bearings in instead of the plastic bushes, also changed the steering plastic bushes for ball bearings and finally (for now wink.gif) i've lowered the body a bit as it sat too high for my liking smile.gif

RadioControl100.jpg

RadioControl101.jpg

No real mods done lately but sorted a couple of things, got one of the V2 covers from vladimir and it fits 100% better on my truck than the old V1 cover, as i had sway bars the V1 cover was very tight over the front saway bars and in fact split the cover because of movement, now its a much better fit biggrin.gif, the cover is held on by velcro as is my bodyshell, so i fix the cover to the edge of the velcro which means i can still fix the bodyshell without going back to fiddly clips smile.gif

Also tidied up the motor wires by using a p clip fixed one of the fixing screws for the fan & heat sink

RadioControl103.jpg

RadioControl105.jpg

RadioControl104.jpg

RadioControl106.jpg

RadioControl102.jpg

yeah that looks sweet mate!!!!! i have that problem when i need to put the cover on i cant use my velcro which is on my battery trays :( i put some velcro on the cover earlier put it does not hold well :(, i still have a brand new spare glove not opened yet im going to speak to vlad to see if i can swap it for a V2 :)

Oh dear i had a problem today, was running for about 25mins on my first pack of 4S and then all of a sudden i hearh a nasty crunching noise and lost most drive, thought at first it might of been the diffs but on closer inspection it seem the gears have been trying to get out of the gearbox lol

Can you get a complete gearbox for these as modelsport don't list it just the parts and casing?

RadioControl110.jpg

RadioControl111.jpg

wierd place for the case to go isn't it?? the centre gearbox is really well sealed so I wouldnt have though a stone could get in there? I'd say the centre box of mine is the most intact of any part on mine!!!

you'll find out once you get inside it!

Edited by zebrevo

wierd place for the case to go isn't it?? the centre gearbox is really well sealed so I wouldnt have though a stone could get in there? I'd say the centre box of mine is the most intact of any part on mine!!!

you'll find out once you get inside it!

Yeah strange isn't it, i think a bearing has let go as you can move that gear about a little bit, let the surgery begin (maybe tonight or tomorrow to be precise smile.gif)

Well i couldn't wait biggrin.gif so heres what if left of my gearbox, looks like to me that the bearing on the idler gear let go and so was shaking around in the gearbox taking out the other gears and gearbox casing rolleyes.gif, oh well off to find all the bits now smile.gif

RadioControl112.jpg

RadioControl113.jpg

RadioControl115.jpg

RadioControl114.jpg

RadioControl116.jpg