• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nick's Slash 4x4 "Powered by Insanity" Project ...(MGM X-Series ESC PICS! MUST SEE!)

Nick

0.21 JIGGAWATTS!!!!

Does part of the project build include a steel cable between 2 lamposts and a Clock tower??? :rofl:

Cant wait to see it in action Nick!!! :good:

Will watch the build curiously too..

I'm very curious to. :D It was really one of those impulse things, lets stick that with this and see what happens. :lol: But I do expect a lot of hassle to get it working okay, should be fun to try! I imagine buying aftermarket parts won't be good enough, some custom work is in my mind later down the line me thinks!

you really do have to have huge balls to attempt this...

Huge balls of money!

I see your list of broken parts growing...

What, this one? :lol:

Though I need to update it with another VXL ESC and Motor!

Fair play to you, you seem to stick to one project and take it as far as you can, maybe i should do the same.

Christ thats expensive, dare I ask how much the ESC is going to be?

Just out of curiousity though, Why a custom made 2500kv motor to run on 3-6S? is it going to perform that differently to say a 2200kv NEU or even 2650kv Neu, Which even bought at uk retail are half the price? I appreciate more than anyone that sometimes, especially in R/c, you just want something, regardless of cost, But what is it going to gain, obviously a shed more torque, But wasnt a 2200v on 4S a bit too much.

Either way, a fappin fantastic project, i will stay tuned!

How are you gonna fit a pinion and fit it on the slash, your pinion would probably be near the same size as the spur gear :D

defo strengthen the motor mount and another mount for the motor.

With the extra weight, would your plastic chassis going to flex under the sheer torque, you might be ok as short course wheels are narrow

Mate is the whole car going to be 100% water proof? If so i can so see this with paddles on skimming across a lake blush.gif

with a long piece of string attached

Mate is the whole car going to be 100% water proof? If so i can so see this with paddles on skimming across a lake blush.gif

with a long piece of string attached

slash can already do that

How are you gonna fit a pinion and fit it on the slash, your pinion would probably be near the same size as the spur gear :D

defo strengthen the motor mount and another mount for the motor.

With the extra weight, would your plastic chassis going to flex under the sheer torque, you might be ok as short course wheels are narrow

Pinion is still going to be same diameter as any mod1, or the pitch wouldn't work.

I plan the first 'test' run next weekend but it will possibly on stock drivetrain and a MMM ESC (which is not a high enough amp rating).

Won't be anything near full potential but will give me an idea what I have let myself in for. :lol:

I plan the first 'test' run next weekend but it will possibly on stock drivetrain and a MMM ESC (which is not a high enough amp rating).

Won't be anything near full potential but will give me an idea what I have let myself in for. :lol:

:lol:

Another MMM may be going on that list too then?? :rofl:

What do people think about suspension setup?

I want to reduce wheelies as much as possible, should I be running hard or soft at the rear?

I can't really make my mind up, running soft, would allow it to bog down giving the front more lift but running hard, would let it pivot easier? Any thoughts?