• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

LOWER UK MCD PRICES

victor meldrew

Just found out uk prices have been lowered for mcd and the budget price sport models have finally arrived,the prices are without engine,

also if you are stuck for parts the King Cobra warehouse will despatch direct ot you if you phone and give them the part number.

Got to be great news,better sevice,cheaper cost B)

http://www.kingcobra.co.uk/news/newsitem.php?id=810

VM is that mean that they will lower the parts prices is well or just the car price???

Yes it will reduce parts prices as well,ballpark 10% but I assume on new stuff coming in,However as you know they do deals all the time and

sell other parts discounted,just talk to them,see what they will do,often good to put a few things you want together and say what deal will you give me :good:

What a load of toss!

Do you know what this says?

I'll tell you.

We have been working one up you for so long that now the pot has dried up we will try and give you just a little back.

If they really want to do you a favour they ought to sell you spares at trade cost rather than sell direct give us a mere 10% off and make even more money out of us saps.

What a ridiculous situation. MCD have always been far to expensive in the UK for one reason KCR!

We could buy a MCD MT ultimate at retail in the US have it shipped here pay all the relevant duties and taxes and still pay less than the UK trade price!

Ignoring the tax/duty issue, I thi the real problem is the size of the market. There are just not enough RC hobbyists on this little island of ours.

The US market is huge by comparison, and this would allow economies of scale for shipping and retailing. I am sure MMR could get a bigger discount from MCD if they ordered 50 cars at a time. As a small market, we get a raw deal as we lack the buying power to make the manufacturers listen. Doesn't help, either, that we no longer seem to make anything in this country....so we are never well placed in teh supply chain either. What can we do?

If MMR ship stuff in from the US, pay the duty etc. and can still make a profit, the only loser is the UK importer. Mind you...when they fold and we have to buy parts from the US every time we need them, there is the potential for problems...but it never bothered me with Thunder Tiger parts. Could get them for my ST-1 from A-Main with no bother and did!

MCD wise though KCR racing is the main importer. And MMR where getting a lot of their other stock from KCR as well. For instance when I went to MMR and spoke to Ian when I brought my EVO 3 comp. I was discussing the price of the 813 carbs that at that time where about 55 quid from MMR and was told by Ian that they are now getting their stock from DDM. so they pay all the import etc and now the price for 813 carbs are

MCD wise though KCR racing is the main importer. And MMR where getting a lot of their other stock from KCR as well. For instance when I went to MMR and spoke to Ian when I brought my EVO 3 comp. I was discussing the price of the 813 carbs that at that time where about 55 quid from MMR and was told by Ian that they are now getting their stock from DDM. so they pay all the import etc and now the price for 813 carbs are

Ok I'm a MCD owner. And love how they run.

Like the product the V4 that is the only MCD that's any real good other than the ultimates without spending loads on.

That there is the problem right there exactly what I said in the above paragraph.

Should we MMR have bought say 50 MCD's which we could do financially indecently we would still be sat on 46 of them.

Why do Modelsport the UK's largest model shop not sell the V4? I know exactly why and some others probably do to.

People don't buy MCD because they are sure to get shafted and have to buy a

Ok I'm a MCD owner. And love how they run.

Like the product the V4 that is the only MCD that's any real good other than the ultimates without spending loads on.

That there is the problem right there exactly what I said in the above paragraph.

Should we MMR have bought say 50 MCD's which we could do financially indecently we would still be sat on 46 of them.

Why do Modelsport the UK's largest model shop not sell the V4? I know exactly why and some others probably do to.

People don't buy MCD because they are sure to get shafted and have to buy a

Got to say ive had nothing but great service from Kingcobra.

And yes before someone adds i am a Kingcobra team driver and get my parts at trade price but i still call the shop for any parts and to have any problems dealt with.

Yep the front diff broke in my V4 but that was after running a full national weekend in front wheel drive only mode.

Spoke to Kingcobra and free replacment parts were in the post the next day.

With all due respect they are not going to **** off a team driver are they that's class suicide.

If you got a free diff for the V4 I'll be getting a refund from KCR then.

How many privateer MCD owners race at the nationals?

And yes before someone adds i am a Kingcobra team driver and get my parts at trade price but i still call the shop

for any parts and to have any problems dealt with.

Yep the front diff broke in my V4 but that was after running a full national weekend in front wheel drive only mode.

But you said it your self your a team driver for KCR, so of course they are going to make sure your car is still running at the end of the day they gave you a car to race with to show off the brand, so they arnt exactly going to make a team driver pay for replacement parts. even if it was your folt for not grinding enoung of the engine out to sit properly over the rear drive axle.

But on mine, the rear diff case cracked causing the layshaft gear to come loose and destroy not only the layshaft bevel gear, but the crown gear on the rear diff. and because of the extra torment on the front diff. the pins that hold the satalite gears in place shatterd totaly destroying the internals off that diff. I knew KCR did the warrenties for MCD. but all I was told is that if I buy the new style diff cases that wont happen as it was a common folt. Not oh heres some free parts.

So i had to go out spend 50 quid on diff cases front and rear, (Cheers Gareth). and then

They didnt give me a car, I paid for it like i pay for all my parts.

And the parts for the diff came after the race so its not like they had to give me them to keep me racing.

All im saying is that i get great service from them.

If you have a fault with a part that is due to defective materials or design then you should tell

them so. Even e-mail MCD direct and tell them how unhappy you are with the service your receiving.

But as we all do sometimes its easier to just buy the upgraded parts and get back to bashing or racing.

Its the same with all makes, I had one of the first HPI 5b's and within 15 mins the rear tyres were shredded and the rear

arms were half worn through from the flex in the rear wheels.

We could all list faults with all manufacturers cars..

some of the guys that race with me at outr local tracks use the v4. they are not team drivers but they did buy their cars from kk driect and they have had free upgraded diffs and when the hitech crap servos blow/fail they have had them replaced foc to. (rhino replacment my arse)kk do ask for the bits back first though.

but on the other side of the fence my local shop selling 1/5th mcd has pretty much the exact same experiance as mmr

if you can get the parts cheaper from an EU country you dont have to pay import duty, also i think you aviod it by having them posted to jersey then re-boxed and posted to mainland uk (hence why amazon and other huge companys have massiave dvd/cd warehouses in jersey!)you jsut need to find someone in jersey that can recive the item and forward it on lol! (shame my mates not there anymore lol)

And yes before someone adds i am a Kingcobra team driver and get my parts at trade price but i still call the shop

for any parts and to have any problems dealt with.

I know there have been warranty Issues in the past but I have always dealt with them,and had no great problems,the warranty thing is now being

seriously backed by MCD perhaps it was not in the past,the diffs have now been modified,as is the car (v4 ) constantly as well as new models

or versions coming all the time.Two of the first retail v4's mine with lsd's from new and one down south which is stock have both been bashed hard

and neither have failed in anyway,I bent a chassis and nothing else broke,the other one crashed hard and snapped a shock shaft after a multi roll,

no other damage.

As for the market,well I think it is budget driven at the moment and that has more bearing on what sells,also the use of the product bashing/racing

tha Ability to hop it up as part of the hobby,if you enjoy that,not a lot you can do to a V4 apart from the engine and diffs if you want,best R/C I have

owned/ driven by far and the cheapest on parts by far :)

If you have a fault with a part that is due to defective materials or design then you should tell

them so. Even e-mail MCD direct and tell them how unhappy you are with the service your receiving.

So saying that my rear diff case cracked cuasing the rest of the drive train to exsplode wasnt giving them enough info about a defective part???

They replaced your diff for free as you are a team driver end of story. If i rang them and told them that i didnt grind enough of my engine out so the rear drive shaft snaped and caused the front diff to break. I wouldnt be getting a free diff. as they would say its driver error. not the product.

In fact I dont think someone who is a team driver can give a non biased opinion on this subject as its your job as their team driver to support the companey. I used to loan my car out to Toyo tires for shows, And I definatly wouldnt tell some one NOT to buy from them wile they where giving me free tickets (and still do) to car shows like goodwood and such.

KCR are over priced considering what you can get stuff for.

The fact they are lowering the prices doesnt mean MCD have lowerd theirs, it just means they arnt selling enough and as such have had to lower the prices to a more reasonable price so they will start selling again. And with the punisher costing half the price, and half the price on hopups etc, and also doing rather well in the nationals considering its a "BUDGET" model. Of course KCR are lowering their prices. they have to as now the MCD isnt the only capable 4wd car out their.

Yes im a Team driver but believe me if i was getting bad service then that's what id be writing.

Just because i get my parts at trade price doesn't mean they own me or tell me what i can or cant say about them.

And just to put the record straight about the punisher racing at the nationals, Is far (Very far) From stock and the main

reason its having such good results is down to one thing and he's called Steve Haynes ;)