• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

1 hour ago, RG1 said:

Just bought a second hand HPI D8T wondered what diff oils you recommend for me to run in on a off road astro track which has some jumps.

best off asking the guys at you local track what they run.  Or you can look at the setup sheets from other people who have the same buggy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is anybody still running hpi anymore ,I bought a second hand trophy flux  a few months back and with a few upgrades think there a great  buggy. Nobody seems to mention them on the forum just wondered why.

HPI almost died as a company and there was problems with spares for their trucks/cars but they are trying to come back and are sorting spares issues and releasing new models 🍻

• Like 1

Does nobody bother with them anymore,there is loads of spares on ebay and wheelspin models seem to have plenty ,maybe there back on the up. Different driving experience to the arrma 3s models more of a driver's car rather than a jumper.

Yes I agree but every time I try that the chassis bends or front hub comes off, so decided to strengthen it we call it the 4s chopping board ,love the jumping proper big air! Have you still got it?

1609591529288-1078105196.jpg

59 minutes ago, Glenn75 said:

Yes I agree but every time I try that the chassis bends or front hub comes off, so decided to strengthen it we call it the 4s chopping board ,love the jumping proper big air! Have you still got it?

1609591529288-1078105196.jpg

No, I sold it a long time ago. A added extra braces so stop the chassis bending, and Hot Bodies shock shafts to stop them turning into bananas after every jump lol.

Love the chopping board idea!

The main downfall on these are the diff housing not locking into the chassis if they had of updated it as they went along over the years with better shocks proper 17mm hex axles improved the hardware sorted the front end out from twisting and they’d be a force to reckon with but sadly HPI never bothered to do anything 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi this may be a bit of a long shot. Recently bought one of these 2nd hand. It came with a different engine to the original. It's an esg 0.28 sport. And I can't find any paperwork for the carb settings. Just wondering what would be best. 

1. Try and tune it best I can which I have done and managed to get it running.

2. Replace the carb. What would fit this engine? Will most carbs of the same size fit and be able to work with that engine?

Or 3. Replace the motor and carb.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Okay, need some help please.

My truggy has the K5.9 engine in it, with roto start.

However, the back plate got loose and I lost it.

I have been trying to buy a replacement, however, cannot seem to get one with the right size for the OWB, which appears to be 11mm not the 12mm stated.

Anyone here have a link, UK, for somewhere that has the right one in stock please?

Really wanna get this thing going again, rather than keep buying parts that should work, but do not.

Many thanks.