• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

On 1/22/2016 at 0:36 AM, dazp1976 said:

Not any that are a direct fit. A bit awkward as the the nitro chassis is shaped like an arrow but I fitted some flux ones.

What I did is used an angle grinder to take the edge off so it was straight. Drew a straight line in marker from the front outer corner to about 9mm in at the back corner (you don't want to take anything off the front corner)  then cut the edge off and drilled the edge holes. If you spend a bit of time measuring it up and getting the line right it is fairly straight forward, patience is handy :) 

I'll take a pic 2 morrow if you want to see.

Sorry about that Liam. A little bit late with the images. Slight overkill but hopefully you can work out all the trim lines if you want to do it.

"Nitro conversion with chassis ground straight for application of Flux stone guards. Also perfect for nitro runners to keep the c**p out"

r1OL6rt.jpg

1 hour ago, Sully said:

Only the connectors for the battery, my soldering is dog s**t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can do em if u want.....my soldering aint to bad now....:yes:..what plugs r they??not deans I hope.:no_prv:..I hate doing them.....but wil do em if need b....:yes:

Edited by evssv

35 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Hold the can with one hand, the shaft with the other and move it in and out - play.

Al.

Funnily enough I have 3 Leopard 1600kv 4082 and one of them did have that. Strange how some do and some don't (from the same place) I used to burn out frequently by overgearing on grass but the dual fan I got is the business.

Was perfectly fine and no difference whatsoever to the others but I think I have a bit of ocd :D. I knew it did it so I took the front off and shimmed it so it was minimal. All my 4074 were fine (burned them all) lol. Need for speed.

I did kill that motor in the end when my motor mount snapped in half I had it for a while an all, must have bent it slightly. When I took it apart there was rubbing right at the front on the rotor wrapping :( Nitro conversions, recommend drilling chassis for the third hole in the motor mount! Cast aluminium rubbish Trophy mount can be a bit brittle.

Edited by dazp1976

I might think about changing from 1600 to 1800kv 4074. I run 6s packs for more run time but I'm thinking if I drop a tooth or 2 with a 1800 I'll pull a little less amps for almost the same speed. Also less torque from the 1800 might help keep the front end down. Could be a waste of £ tho.

Anyone tried running a 6 pole motor around 1900kv on a 150A esc with a 6s battery? If so how did it turn out?

Looked at some motors around that kv and lower but most esc's I've seen (+ mine) say only 4s with a 6 pole which makes me wonder what is the point of 6 pole on lower kv if you can't use a 5-6s voltage to get the desired rpm. Will be well slow on 4s :boredlook: Haven't really seen much in cheap 4 pole 4274 size around 1700 - 1900kv  for 6s. Guess I'll stick as is.

Edited by dazp1976

DBEUSgI soldered up the ezrun today. I had to cut the motor wires back considerably, I tried my best not to go so short that it would affect the resale value. It's a perfect fit lenght wise for the esc tray minus the securing strap. I still plan on getting the Quicrun eventually but 4s is more than enough to keep me happy for the time being :)

DBEUSg

20160129_112547.jpg

Edited by everclear1984

3 hours ago, dazp1976 said:

Anyone tried running a 6 pole motor around 1900kv on a 150A esc with a 6s battery? If so how did it turn out?

Looked at some motors around that kv and lower but most esc's I've seen (+ mine) say only 4s with a 6 pole which makes me wonder what is the point of 6 pole on lower kv if you can't use a 5-6s voltage to get the desired rpm. Will be well slow on 4s :boredlook: Haven't really seen much in cheap 4 pole 4274 size around 1700 - 1900kv  for 6s. Guess I'll stick as is.

I run 2x tenshock 6 pole motors ..both 802v2's..one's a 802v2 L truggy can ...1x 2200kV ..1x 1850kv both on 150 xeruns with no  probs on 4-6s regularly :good:

Edited by evssv