• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Please Close!

zeezeetop

Hi there,

A while back I posted in the wanted section as I was looking for a car to suit my younger disabled brother.

We went ahead and purchased an Acme Condor Pro (a big mistake) via eBay only to find out we had been had as the car wouldn't run and was only usefull for spares. Since then I bought for my brother a second Acme Condor Pro so we could fix the last but low and behold it was completely useless and both sellers have disappeared, paypal can't source the funds! Bah

I managed to sell the 2 cars but we made a huge loss and we're now left with

Edited by zeezeetop

if you can raise your budget a bit i have hong nor crt pro truggy for sale. it can be a a roller or with engine for extra cost. you will need a exhaust pipe and some gears for the rotostart tho. im sure i could sort a transmitter, reciever and servos. they are hugely reliable.

any nitro engine is going to need care tho, and cant be guarenteed to start every time.

if ur interested, check my advert. its a page or two back in the for sale section.

Edited by Coxy

Theres a couple of rush evo's and an MT2 in the for sales section in your price range mate.

Edited by dt-10

i have an mt2 forsale but the engine neds attention (needs a repinch ,fastboy on the forum does this service for about 13 quid return post) and it will be like a new engine again the engine is an lrp z 18 s pro a very good powerfull engine too , it does start and run but it is getting low on compression though so it cuts out after about 10 mins then you have to leav it to cool again lol , let me know what you think and pm me if you want to know more mate , also the ad is in the rc forsale section good.gif

if you want my opinion mate i would go for a hpi e firestorm, ok its electric and not nitro but i have had one and i would say they are VERY reliable and mine never let me down, i reckon on ebay you should be able to get one easy for 100 rtr with batteries etc also my opinion obviously is not to go nitro as they are alot of hard work, ive had many and at first they run nice but after a while the slightest change in temperature or if they get left alone for a while they become a nightmare, If you want something fast and noisy i would only ever go for an fg truck or buggy, but like i say thats only my opinion and obviously you would have to save more for an fg

I owned a MT2 for several months, they're not the quickest out there don't get me wrong but I never had to strip it down other than to fit upgrades. If it does need taking apart, they're damn simple to do so.

Bare in mind what's been said; all nitro cars need attention and looking after to get the most out of them, it's just the way they work.

If you need a receiver give me a shout, I've got a couple spare.

Hi there,

A while back I posted in the wanted section as I was looking for a car to suit my younger disabled brother.

We went ahead and purchased an Acme Condor Pro (a big mistake) via eBay only to find out we had been had as the car wouldn't run and was only usefull for spares. Since then I bought for my brother a second Acme Condor Pro so we could fix the last but low and behold it was completely useless and both sellers have disappeared, paypal can't source the funds! Bah

I managed to sell the 2 cars but we made a huge loss and we're now left with

why would being disabled effect your choice of car?

Apart from being callous, if you actually read the text that you quoted, it says....

and he's physically unable to make use of a pull-start.

I'd say that qualifies...wouldn't you?

Apart from being callous, if you actually read the text that you quoted, it says....

I'd say that qualifies...wouldn't you?

Then why not say best brushless car/truck.

Im not trying to be a ass but my brother is also disabled and he manages fine with his pull starts and i think his brother would too...

Being disabled doesn't make you paralised...

im selling a e-firestorm brushless ( need a receiver, battery and charger in your case for a little over you budget

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330437051680

im selling a e-firestorm brushless ( need a receiver, battery and charger in your case for a little over you budget

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330437051680

not being funny but it depends on the disabilaty "disabled" covers allot of areas possibly more info on this may help as sugested electric may be a better option with a brushless setup will be as quick as the lower end rush evo u stated. personaly efirestom would be my choice or maby if u can stretch try and pick up a traxxas rustler they do a low end elec version for about 170

Then why not say best brushless car/truck.

Im not trying to be a ass but my brother is also disabled and he manages fine with his pull starts and i think his brother would too...

Being disabled doesn't make you paralised...

he hasnt said brushless because obviously he doesnt want electric as i can see , he has bought 2 nitros and is now looking for a 3rd , every one knows about brushless but the choice of nitro has been made, just because your brother can use pullstart doesnt mean that every disabled person can, disabilities come in different severities and affect different parts of the body, so lets just get back to the subject and try find the fella a car hey good.gif

• Like 1

Sorry, I probably should have mentioned it.

He's unable to use the fingers on his left hand but can still grip handheld items with his palm but, he's also unable to walk but he can lower himself to the ground and sit quite comfortably.

I have considered an electric solution but it's set in his mind that he wants the engine (he loves the sound and smoke!). I will be able to do any of the maintenance providing he's patient enough but I can't be there every time he wants to take it out as I'll be working so it needs to be as much of a simple process as it can.

I'm not an expert on these models myself, the only 2 I've ever seen were the first 2 we bought.

Edited by zeezeetop

Have a look for a Traxxas T-Maxx, or nitro rustler, or nitro stampede. All of these models can be had within your price range pre-owned in good condition on ebay. And the best part? They're full electric start! You don't even need a glow start, you just insert this "wand" thing into a slot in the car, press a button and off you go. Alot of people don't like the electric start system but I never had a problem with mine. Good luck :).

Edit: here you go, ad says he has not had it running in ages due to no charger for ez start battery, but I can't see any reason why it shouldn't run. If you decide to buy this and run into a bit of trouble, just ask, this great community will always be happy to help. Good spares availability through Modelsport too :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item1e5bdca7de

Lee.

Edited by m3lyc

one rc nitro i do know of that didnt cause my mate any problems was a schumacher havok but not sure if these are still available, also a kyosho inferno is a good one to go for as i never eally had a lot of trouble with that, i have had 2 hpi savage though which i never got working right but htey was second hand so maybe not looked after i can tbe curtain, maybe i was unlucky, hope im helping

steve

Have a look for a Traxxas T-Maxx, or nitro rustler, or nitro stampede. All of these models can be had within your price range pre-owned in good condition on ebay. And the best part? They're full electric start! You don't even need a glow start, you just insert this "wand" thing into a slot in the car, press a button and off you go. Alot of people don't like them but I never had a problem with mine. Good luck :).

i also second this, any of these would be a good choice :-)