• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Got my Traxxas Summit

Joe Tosh

Enjoy the truck, I want one, But its not much different to my E-Revo really which is putting me off..

you obviously have not seen a Summit the summit is quite a bit larger due to the wheels and body style

it drives much better than a revo over rough stuff

i have both a revo and a summit i dont use the revo much unless i just want to rip along a car park i have installed a 775 motor in my revo with a 19t pinion and get much better results than the twin 550,s

in my summit i have installed a 16t pinion and have gained a considerable speed increase i have also changed the tyres for big joes on axial oversize beadlocks which give a wider wheelbase and counters the rolling over when cornering

if i could only have one truck i would definatly be the summit.

you can easily turn a summit into a revo, but not the other way around without replacing quite a few parts

yes the twin 550,s are not good or reliable motors

with the right gearing i am getting better speed top end but not as good acceleration

i am waiting for a graupner 900 brushed motor to install and keep it waterproof i might also try it in my summit

Enjoy the truck, I want one, But its not much different to my E-Revo really which is putting me off..

you obviously have not seen a Summit the summit is quite a bit larger due to the wheels and body style

it drives much better than a revo over rough stuff

i have both a revo and a summit i dont use the revo much unless i just want to rip along a car park i have installed a 775 motor in my revo with a 19t pinion and get much better results than the twin 550,s

in my summit i have installed a 16t pinion and have gained a considerable speed increase i have also changed the tyres for big joes on axial oversize beadlocks which give a wider wheelbase and counters the rolling over when cornering

if i could only have one truck i would definatly be the summit.

you can easily turn a summit into a revo, but not the other way around without replacing quite a few parts

It's cool to see some love for this awesome truck!

I managed to order one on Wednesday and it arrived yesterday, it was really hard to track one down for sale in the UK. Also, to find one in the colour I wanted too (White!). I might try to get some pics uploaded.

A few impressions about the Summit:

It's BIG! My E-Maxx always seemed to be an absolute beast to us, but the Summit is another level of ass-kicking hugeness! haha. The wheels are especially large and everything has a chunky feel to it.

One surprising thing is how nippy it feels in the high gear. Obviously it's not meant for high speeds and speed freaks won't be interested in the Summit, but it does coast along far quicker than I expected it to. The only down side is obviously with the plush suspension and soft wheels, you can't turn fast at all. Taking the throttle off and turning at a sensible speed is essential if you don't want to roll! With said I found using the high gear to be really good fun so far. It's pretty funny seeing something as big as the Summit goin for it!

The lighting system is awesome too! I've never had an RC car with lights before and at the moment me and my bro are only driving our cars at night (as its dark by the time we're home from work.) The lights make it real easy to keep track to the car and they actually do illuminate an area in front of the car decently! I ordered the extra light bar, which I think most Summit owners should think about. I didn't realise the lights you see on the upper body bar are actually dummies. You can buy an accessory that adds 4 more LEDs which should really improve the front lights, I'll fit it tomorrow (as it needs some drilling) and let you guys know what its like.

As for rock climbing, the Summit seems pretty good so far. We don't have some large rocks around here, but we've found a few and generally speaking it gets up and over them! If something has an angle where its too high and the Summit can't get proper grip, it struggles to get up. Basically, in the cases where your front wheels don't have full traction on the rock and the back wheels don't on the ground. Even changing the differentials won't get you up there, but I think thats just plain physics rather than anything wrong with the truck itself. The Summit isn't like a fully fledged rock climber, but it can still have damn good shot at most things. To be honest, I don't have much experience at rock climbing, so will probably find it much easier with some practise.

Overall I'm loving the Summit so far! It's got that Traxxas feel of solidness and the body looks amazing. It's a lot of fun having a hybrid kind of car - you can cruise along really nicely (for a truck of its size) in high gear, then switch to low gear to do some rock climbing. that kind of flexibility really makes the truck cool and unique. :)

It's cool to see some love for this awesome truck!

I managed to order one on Wednesday and it arrived yesterday, it was really hard to track one down for sale in the UK. Also, to find one in the colour I wanted too (White!). I might try to get some pics uploaded.

A few impressions about the Summit:

It's BIG! My E-Maxx always seemed to be an absolute beast to us, but the Summit is another level of ass-kicking hugeness! haha. The wheels are especially large and everything has a chunky feel to it.

One surprising thing is how nippy it feels in the high gear. Obviously it's not meant for high speeds and speed freaks won't be interested in the Summit, but it does coast along far quicker than I expected it to. The only down side is obviously with the plush suspension and soft wheels, you can't turn fast at all. Taking the throttle off and turning at a sensible speed is essential if you don't want to roll! With said I found using the high gear to be really good fun so far. It's pretty funny seeing something as big as the Summit goin for it!

The lighting system is awesome too! I've never had an RC car with lights before and at the moment me and my bro are only driving our cars at night (as its dark by the time we're home from work.) The lights make it real easy to keep track to the car and they actually do illuminate an area in front of the car decently! I ordered the extra light bar, which I think most Summit owners should think about. I didn't realise the lights you see on the upper body bar are actually dummies. You can buy an accessory that adds 4 more LEDs which should really improve the front lights, I'll fit it tomorrow (as it needs some drilling) and let you guys know what its like.

As for rock climbing, the Summit seems pretty good so far. We don't have some large rocks around here, but we've found a few and generally speaking it gets up and over them! If something has an angle where its too high and the Summit can't get proper grip, it struggles to get up. Basically, in the cases where your front wheels don't have full traction on the rock and the back wheels don't on the ground. Even changing the differentials won't get you up there, but I think thats just plain physics rather than anything wrong with the truck itself. The Summit isn't like a fully fledged rock climber, but it can still have damn good shot at most things. To be honest, I don't have much experience at rock climbing, so will probably find it much easier with some practise.

Overall I'm loving the Summit so far! It's got that Traxxas feel of solidness and the body looks amazing. It's a lot of fun having a hybrid kind of car - you can cruise along really nicely (for a truck of its size) in high gear, then switch to low gear to do some rock climbing. that kind of flexibility really makes the truck cool and unique. smile.gif

Not fair, I want my bloody truck!!!!! helpsmilie.gif

You ordered one Clive?

I am kinda tempted...

i'm deffo getting one...

got bored already of waiting - !!! to keep me occupied ive bought it a roof rack, and a bunch of scale accessories which ive already painted up :)

ive ordered some skid pans from the states

ive already got the LED light bar...

just need the flipping Summit to put it all on!!!

I would not worry about it you will probably find the side wall splits as well!

The canyons are very soft and only really good for crawling.

If you want to bash in high gear you should invest in some other tyres as the canyons balloon very easily at speed.

They are too soft for bashing you will rip them apart in no time at all.

I would suggest Big Joes or Moab XLs for all rounders.

I use the Big joes on Axial oversize Beadlocks great for crawling and bashing.

I will try to post some pics tomorrow of the wheels and tires together before i go back to the states on tuesday

and show you the diffrence in sizebetween the Big Joes and Canyons.

I would not worry about it you will probably find the side wall splits as well!

The canyons are very soft and only really good for crawling.

If you want to bash in high gear you should invest in some other tyres as the canyons balloon very easily at speed.

They are too soft for bashing you will rip them apart in no time at all.

I would suggest Big Joes or Moab XLs for all rounders.

I use the Big joes on Axial oversize Beadlocks great for crawling and bashing.

I will try to post some pics tomorrow of the wheels and tires together before i go back to the states on tuesday

and show you the diffrence in sizebetween the Big Joes and Canyons.

Yeah, that'd be great! :)

Looking forward to it! :good:

You ordered one Clive?

I am kinda tempted...

Yeah, it's ordered, long wait though, here's why I want one!

I don't mean I want to pull my kids around, but I am impressed by the power!

All right:

You can see the foam insert through the hole wacko.gif

10oqqv9.jpg

2i7boz4.jpg

Compared to the small hole I cut with the pliers:

24e6s6q.jpg

This truck is clearly knackered, you must very upset, send it to me and I'll bury it for you, say a few kind words, that sort of thing. Ok?