• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Super-Duper Recession Busting Bargain Thread

Garry

14 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

You'd think Castle would want to sort this - admittedly getting the fakes off alibaba etc can prove tricky but through eBay it shouldn't be hard.

I heard somewhere that since Castle moved production to China they cant stop it due to lack of copyright laws. Hoever true that is i dont know?

They are probably exactly the same anyway.

I found out that these cheap GoolRC motors (brushed versions at least) run exactly the same internals as most high end motors (apart from Holmes, as John makes all his own components from what I understand) but the rest basically modify cheap internals.

Maybe it's the same case here.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, bunnie said:

any idea what servo it take so I can add it to the basket?

same as the bad bug, there was some discussion about it either in this thread or Esvvssvsssvvv.  Think some guys fitted really small ones with a homemade plate, though I heard savox 0250 micro servos squeeze in.

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, bombercountynick said:

@capri-boy those batteries are showing £55 is that the offer price you paid?

+ that is a super cheap truggy for bashing. If they're pretty rugged then an absolute steal .

They've gone up again mate, I paid £23 ish.  I wouldn't be paying anywhere near £50 for a HK lipo tbh.  

There was a guy on here who had the Sabertooth and from his experience it wasn't terrible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...