• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nitro Engine Factory Needle Settings List

a-x-l-e

Edit i found the pdf...

Idel.. 0.5mm to 1.0mm

Hsn.. 2.5 turns out

Lsn.. 3.5 turns out

Anyone have anything to add to it. Ive read some people say these settings dont work for them i hopevthey work for me tomo.

Edited by RCbutcher

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HI new to site just bought a second hand HB lightning shadow 10

just cant seem to get it to run ive had it fire a couple of time thats all if i tip it up after a couple of trys startin it quite abit of fuel drips out the exhaust

was told the carb settings had been messed with

but not sure what engine is in it theres a HB sticker on side of engine but no engine size

anyone now what engine comes standard in these and what the factory needle settings are 

any help appreciated

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Very nice and informative post but can you suggest which is best between all of these you have listed......

RC Jet

What?

They are all different for different engines

Each one is best suited to each engine

There is no best for all engines

What engine are you running?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi does anyone know the carb settings for a Mta4 s50 it has 3 needles to set

I can get it to idle fine but cuts out after acceleration.

Cheers guys

You could try with needles flush as most of them generally are

Hi does anyone know the carb settings for a Mta4 s50 it has 3 needles to set

I can get it to idle fine but cuts out after acceleration.

Cheers guys

I just had this issue today.

Base settings are:

HSN: 2 1/2 - 3 turns out

LSN: flush then turn out 1/2 a turn

Mix: flush then turn out 1 1/2 turns

HSN may need to increase to 4 turns depending on the fuel you are using.

Just to note I am no expert.

Confused on Kyosho KE25 settings... Manual says 3.5 turns out on HSN and LSN protruding 0.4-0.5mm.. The problem I have is that the picture of the LSN in the manual shows the screw protruding from its housing and also protruding within the carb. So where do I look for the 0.4-0.5mm ? in the carb or the screw from it's housing? And I have a caliper but it's really awkward trying to measure either! Silly Kyosho!

Anyway, yeah... Any help would be appreciated as I'm struggling to get a decent tune after attempting to set everything back to stock!

If the LSN setting is 0.5mm out from flush then measure from the head of the screw to the surround. If you have a vernier caliper then set it to 0.5 then lock it...use the depth gauge at the end of the caliper to get the screw set.

Remember that the base settings are just that..a base to get it running...if you already have it running then adjust the HSN->LSN->idle gap in that order (when the engine is warm).

• 1 month later...

hello every 1 and sorry for hijacking thread. ive had a problem with my buggy for a while now and cant get it to run at all.

looking for some factory settings for the jba 28 engine. more info for help of diagnosis.

jba 28 engine with a new os number 8 plug and running 16% tornado fuel all this is in a 1/6 gv rambo.

the issue i have is i had it to a recomended "nitro engine enthusiast with plenty of years experiance in tuning " and he adjusted every setting available angrymad.gif , high speed needle, low speed needle, idle screw and theres another screw/needle in the carb that slides in and out of the low speed needle so if any1 can help at all it would be great. i want to get it running asap so i can then get some higher % fuel but not paying for it when i have the 16% tornado fuel knocking about.

KIND REGARDS EVERY1 AND THANKS IN ADVANCE

IM HAVING PROBLEMS FINDING THE FACTORY NEEDLE SETTING ON MY X T M MAMMOTH...

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME OUT

What engine is the mammoth?

As I have a xtm xt2 with the 24.7 engine .

Andy

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Hey Guys!! And Gals!

I saw few posts about CEN carb setting that I don't think were ever answered. Bellow is linked our Nitro Handbook which has ALOT of great info about tuning nitro engines in general but most importantly on page 7 of this manual you will find the factory settings for almost all our nitro engines! The link is as follows and hope this helps someone. 

http://www.cenracing.com/downloads/nitrohandbook.pdf

You will need a PDF reader of some sort but if you need a free one, download it here

Good luck and hope it helps