• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

why u should wear full bike gear

keenan

hi guys just found these piks knockin about on my computer from other year from when a tranny van driver decided to come head on with me on my scooter :( i was only waering shorts and tshirt

so just trana say this is why you should wear proper bike gear evan on a moped thought i was looky when u look at state of my bike too

mods feel free to close if u think the piks arnt suitable :good:

ant

n613136206_1793256_2002-1.jpg

seat was under drivers wheel when i sat up

n613136206_1793255_1409.jpg

05170010-1.jpg

05170009-1.jpg

05170008.jpg

05170007.jpg

05170005.jpg

05170004.jpg

05170003.jpg

05170002.jpg

05170001.jpg

still got a few scares too!

ALWAYS WEAR UR HELMET GLOVES JACKET AND SOME DECENT BOTTOMS NOT JUST JOGGERS TOO

Edited by keenan
  • Like 1

Yeah I'm gunna be wearing a jacket and gloves, a good lid, and decent shoes :)

But that looks painful! Hope no long term injuries were sustained

yeahh was pain full at the time ben mate i just got a fractured little finger wich locks up every now and then a few scars but part from that im fine :) the bike want though ritten straight off :( want too bad though paid

It stands to reason really but when your young and think yourself immortal,thats when the problems start.I've seen countless numbers of kids flying round on scooters and pulling out infront of cars and a few have even tried to pull out an out accellerate my 1100 with no regard for their own safety so how can they be aware of other road users safety.? I've said this before,I think all potential car license owners should be made to do atleast 12 months on a bike or scooter before they can get a car license,that would give them some perspective of what being a biker entails and they may be a more careful driver for having that knowledge...

Things like that can happen though on a pedal cycle,and everyones fell off a pushbike at some point and know it hurts so it stands to reason that riding at 30+mph on a scooter is gonna hurt if and when you do have a spill.Leathers,boots,gloves and a decent helmet are all thats between you and the tarmac and really could literally mean the difference between life and death.

I know this sounds preachy but i've seen it first hand and far too many young people get injured or killed through the lack of decent training and education on the subject,when you get a 21yr old that can go from his little CG125,pass his test and jump straight on any one of the high performance bikes without any other training other than passing that test,then thats a recipe for disaster in my opinion.Good thread Keenan,I know we've had them before but pics speak a thousand words and although not too bad,its still gonna result in painful arms and joints for about 3 weeks and a knackered scooter to boot.....good.gif

• Like 1

cheers for ya comment mr t i was in pain for about 6 week it was a week before my school prom so i got away with not wearin a tuks lol ive got a few more piks from when a women pulled out in front of me on my mz125 super moto i only had 3 week :(

yeahh was pain full at the time ben mate i just got a fractured little finger wich locks up every now and then a few scars but part from that im fine :) the bike want though ritten straight off :( want too bad though paid

Never nice to come off but it does teach a lesson in proper gear for bikes. I have a friend at work who's girlfriend came off a moped whilst on holiday. She was wearing shorts and a t-shirt. She ended up with a patch on her back the size of a dinner plate requiring skin grafts and some pretty bad scars on her legs that will take several years of cosmetic surgery to clean up. All from coming off a bike at 30mph on some loose dirt.

All credit to most bikers....they are good drivers. It tends to be the car/van/truck drivers who never see them. Although there are the few people who get powerful bikes and dont respect them.

I've always had crossers, and been into bikes, and when i was 17, had a kmx 125 on the road, there was a few of us with bikes. My mate had a chicky (Honda 90) and we were having a competition seeing how far we could wheelie it. Obviously being 'only' a honda 90, i felt invinceble and was riding stupidly with no helmet. Well i hit some gravel, slid off, smashed my face off the ground, and my toe got stuck in the sprocket. the entire left side of my face was wrote off, and i hav to have stitches just under mt nose. I also got a tooth off the sprocket straight through my big toe. Needless to say i always wear my helmet now lol.

of course i did :D It was like the time i cracked a ribafter hitting a tree, we were riding throug woods,and there was some half logs which were fastend to the floor, every 50 meters or so, we were all wheelying along the path over the logs, and i happend to hit one not fastend down, one end moved round, and it threw me off course and into the tree, my chest hit the hadle bars.. My mates stopped and were like, ****ing ell mate are you ok, i was like, did you see that wheely haha. good times.

i can sav ive never fell off my bike in the year ive had it, its a 125 crosser, i jump it and throw it everywhere and never fell off, only time ive fallen off is when ive been riding and about 10mph the rut went one way and i went the other way and it was so much off the bike fell over, but i always where my alpine star boots jacket and padded bottoms :) Never fell off yet though :( Jump quite far 2 :D

Kieran

I've said this before,I think all potential car license owners should be made to do atleast 12 months on a bike or scooter before they can get a car license,that would give them some perspective of what being a biker entails and they may be a more careful driver for having that knowledge...

Im not trying to kick up the old biker Vs Car argument.

But..

never gonna happen Carl, and should never happen either. and frankly a bit of a bad idea really... ;)

Thats like me saying all potential bikers under 23 should drive a car for 12 months to realise just how difficult to see they are when they pull off undertakes and other such maneuvers that they deem acceptable without realising the consequences...

And the CBT should be abolished and replaced with some form of licence What a joke!!

Bottom line is, if Bikers, Mopeds, and Car drivers alike all drove responsibly, there wouldnt be a problem.

But each side always blames the other for being a menace on the road whitch doesnt solve anything.

Edited by TerrorTrooper

Im not trying to kick up the old biker Vs Car argument.

But..

never gonna happen Carl, and should never happen either. and frankly a bit of a bad idea really... ;)

Thats like me saying all potential bikers under 23 should drive a car for 12 months to realise just how difficult to see they are when they pull off undertakes and other such maneuvers that they deem acceptable without realising the consequences...

And the CBT should be abolished and replaced with some form of licence What a joke!!

Bottom line is, if Bikers, Mopeds, and Car drivers alike all drove responsibly, there wouldnt be a problem.

But each side always blames the other for being a menace on the road whitch doesnt solve anything.

the main fact is riding a bike isnt safe and never will he your an eighth the width have half the wheels and your ten times harder to see, there are more cars than bikes alot of people drive complacently and only see what they expect to see not whats there

i hope that anyone who rides a bike sees sence and buys A helmet (that fits propperly) a decent jacket with armour in the elbows etc decent trousers (waterproof) and gloves and boots

ive been riding a few weeks on my 125 and touch wood ive not come off but ive had some scary moments (someone pulled out directly infront of me) thankgod i rebuild the inadequate drum brakes

i think if you ride like a tit then your asking for it i regularly see lads on scooters riding with shorts and a t shirt on and its just idiotic i think it would hurt less to have sex with a belt sander than it would to fall off at 30+ mph

Ive come off at 30mph on 2 occasions and neither were my fault.

First on my old 125, woman pulled out on me and i dumped the bike down to avoid hitting her, bike landed on my foot and crushed most of it ( was wearing steel toecap work boots un all, do NOT wear them when riding a bike, do more damage than good), 3 times on the operating table and a breif meeting with the reaper later ( :lol: ) im back in working order.

2nd was recently on my ZX6 on a mahoosive diesel spill, no damage to me as i was wearing full leathers, tis suprising how far you slide even at 30 as i tried to lift myself off my arse while still doing some 20mph :closedeyes: , just carried on rolling :lol: .

Keep safe chaps!

the main fact is riding a bike isnt safe and never will he your an eighth the width have half the wheels and your ten times harder to see, there are more cars than bikes alot of people drive complacently and only see what they expect to see not whats there

riding a bike is perfectly safe. anyone who is saying bikes are dangerous are morons (i know you didnt say this, i mean in general)biking isnt just a means of transport its a way of life.

car drivers cause alot more problems then bikers ever will , when bikers act stupid we only kill are selves 99% of the time. when car drivers act stupid they take others with them

Edited by naon-deano

i can sav ive never fell off my bike in the year ive had it, its a 125 crosser, i jump it and throw it everywhere and never fell off, only time ive fallen off is when ive been riding and about 10mph the rut went one way and i went the other way and it was so much off the bike fell over, but i always where my alpine star boots jacket and padded bottoms :) Never fell off yet though :( Jump quite far 2 :D

Kieran

Not really any speed involved with the trials riding I do, but I can tell you it hurts to have a bike land on you! I've looped a few times from being overzealous going up hills (although the superman technique of standing off the bike works well :whistling:). That and hopping tree stump. Last one I tried caught the sump gaurd as I landed, I went over the bars and went rolling down the hill to be stopped by the tree I landed in. Needless to say I havn't tried it since :lol:

Full gear does help but it doesn't stop you getting injured....i am walking proof of that ;)

Got a tank slapper going into a left hand bend, managed to hold it but it threw me wide so banked it in further to get into the correct side of the road and low sided into the path of an oncoming car. That was on my bandit 400.

I could go ALL day on the xrays...have literally hundreds of them :D

List of injuries in the end (i kept finding out about new ones everytime i went to the fracture clinic etc lol) were -

Open fracture to Tibia (full length nail/rod and a few screws holding it in)

Open fracture to Fibular (boring break, left to heal on its own)

Severe fractures to Femur which is plated and has 9 screws holding it on (was technically open as i had a giant chunk of flesh ripped out of my thigh lol)

Fractured T7 + T11 (they are thoracic vertebrae for those that didn't listen at school)

Compression/burst fracture to T8 (thats the one that you can see 'bulging' in the xray, it has no totally collapsed and is only about 5mm thick)

4 fractured ribs

Punctured lung + pneumothorax

Ruptured spleen (removed via splenectomy)

Lascerations to the liver (small part removed and abdominal packs put around it until it had regrown)

Tears to the bowels (intestine...not my poopshoot!) which were packed at the same time as the liver.

Fractured inferior pubic ramas (pelvis, you can see a white line next to the red pervert thing)

After about 5/6 weeks in hospital i had a bowel obstruction, it was scar tissue from my splenectomy that basically wrapped around my intestine....they had to be removed in theatre after 2 1/2 weeks of being told i just needed a good fart and dump lmao.

Now i rode with NOTHING less than 1pc Arlen Ness leathers, Arlen Ness gloves, Alpinestar boots and Alpinestar 'track armour' (padded waistcoat thing with back protector built in) and obviously my skid lid.