• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Ansmann W3 2.4ghz radio set

Garry

Thats because they reused the pic from the 27mhz version, but its the same internal CPU and menu/functions between the 27mhz and 2.4ghz versions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Carl,

Was there a big difference with MX3 being 2.4GHz from a 27MHz system (crystal inconvenience set aside) ?

Thing is that I got a Sanwa/Perfex KT14 with my ST-S (which I'll let my wife and son run) and now I'm putting together another one that needs a radio. I think the radio is great, comfortable and easy to program.

A new KT14 goes cheap on E-bay, I think I'd prefer a good/proven 27MHz before a low end 2.4GHz.

Peter :)

No difference at all matey apart from the frequency and antenna style.I had the KT14 and it never let me down once,great radio and they feel great in the hand,thats why I got it,already had the 40mhz FM version,which I still have as its part of my Genesis LE setup which come as standard.

Like i've said before,the Ansmann is no Sanwa inside,more like the cheap Skyrion radios electronically speaking,the case is the only thing that resembles the Sanwa,I know Sanwa only make radios for Kyosho and their sister company is Airtronics which is a US branding and the one I have with the Genesis.Saying all this,for the money,the Ansmann radio isn't that bad of a deal,if it performs well and has good range,for a budget 3 channel radio I dont think you could go far wrong... ;)

I've just ordered this from Modelsport. Won't be using it for a month or so though, untill I get my Baja :D

Will let you guys know how it performs when I get the Baja :)

Fair play for sticking your neck on the line to test this for us dude. Thanks. :good:

First inpressions are it seems good quality. The manual is utter rubbish though, doesn't explain how to bind the TX to the RX and says I need to use FM Xtals, and there is an Xtal bit on the TX but not on the RX :rolleyes:

I suppose it will just be the same as Acoms to bind?

Wait, its a 2.4Ghz radio, but with Xtals? Huh?

Haven't got a clue but in the manual it says use FM Xtals, the TX has a bit for the Xtals to go in but the RX doesn't, apart from that it is clearly 2.4ghz.

• 1 month later...
Any updates since then on your use of this Ansmann? :)

I need to upgrade the radio on my SS and quite interested in this one.

Not got my Baja yet :lol: It's coming on Monday though, will let you know how the radio gear goes :good:

OK! :)

hi mate

i have just got this system and its brilliant

strongly recommend it especially over the acoms 2.4 technisport

was using it yesterday at my local track and it was brilliant no problems so far what so ever

hope this helps

george

• 2 weeks later...

hi mate

i have just got this system and its brilliant

strongly recommend it especially over the acoms 2.4 technisport

was using it yesterday at my local track and it was brilliant no problems so far what so ever

hope this helps

george

It sure does, any report on the thing is good. Thanks! :)

• 2 weeks later...

It sure does, any report on the thing is good. Thanks! :)

Just bought x2 of these nice units.

Problem is one receiver not working properly as the throttle would not work only brake.

Took it back to modelsport today and got back home.....bugger....have had to set the throttle/brake to reverse and working the wrong way round.

Shane about the 3rd channel as won't switch lights on and off anly does reverse function.

Will see about range tomorrow and general operation.

JOD.

• 3 months later...

Quite a few forum members have the W3 now,not many issues with them,they work great,a little power hungry over other sets but thats not really an issue if you get some high capacity NiMh AA's,a good price too,probably the best low cost 3 channel set available,much better quality than the Acoms although if you get a good Acoms,they're not a bad set in themselves,the one I had worked flawlessly....wink.gif