• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Ansmann W3 2.4ghz radio set

Garry

184095_0.jpg.big.jpg

Features

* Transmitter

* Receiver

* 10 model memory

* Dual rate steering

* Servo reverse

* Servo limiter

* Digital display

* Digital trim

* Manufactured by Sanwa

184095_1.jpg.big.jpg

184095_2.jpg.big.jpg

184095_3.jpg.big.jpg

184095_4.jpg.big.jpg

ill leave it untill i see the reviews. just incase its like the acoms...

what, better than you think it will be as long as you don't use a select few servos?

ill leave it untill i see the reviews. just incase its like the acoms...

its a rebadged sanwa wich a few of the worlds best drivers are using ;)

mark rhiendhard is one of them i think ( tc world champion if you dont no him )

well if everyone goes 2.4ghz, im gunna stick with 40mhz. as i will have no interfearance as everyone else will be fighting for the 2.4ghz spektrum.

crystals wont die...

what, better than you think it will be as long as you don't use a select few servos?

Yeah, I don't find anything wrong with the Acoms one, had mine for 18 months now and it works fine, not had any problem with servo's, (quick Q: which servos should I avoid then?). It's

well if everyone goes 2.4ghz, im gunna stick with 40mhz. as i will have no interfearance as everyone else will be fighting for the 2.4ghz spektrum.

crystals wont die...

It's like that already where I race. Although you can have up to 80 2.4ghz transmitters on at once, no one uses 27mhz, so I don't have to worry about crystals :lol:

If it has the same CPU in there as the Sanwa MX3,whos shell it has and general layout,it'll trounce the Acoms,thats a damn fact,the MX3 range of radios are the best balanced and comfortable radios i've used and have all the functions plus they have an ace in the hole,3 CHANNELS not 2 like the Acoms.

The button layout looks slightly different to the Sanwa MX3 but the case is the same,would be interesting to know just who is the mfr,Shumachers new radios are the same exactly only Mhz and not Ghz... ;)

I really want to invest in a 2.4Ghz radio (Which needs to be 3Ch) for the MTA, as I'm going to be bashing with more people.

Seems alot of affordable options are coming into the market now, and out of the cheaper options this one seems most appealing to me, can't wait to see some reviews/experiences with it.

Edited by Havoc87

If it has the same CPU in there as the Sanwa MX3,whos shell it has and general layout,it'll trounce the Acoms,thats a damn fact,the MX3 range of radios are the best balanced and comfortable radios i've used and have all the functions plus they have an ace in the hole,3 CHANNELS not 2 like the Acoms.

The button layout looks slightly different to the Sanwa MX3 but the case is the same,would be interesting to know just who is the mfr,Shumachers new radios are the same exactly only Mhz and not Ghz... ;)

It says made by sanwa. Wonder if that's true or not :lol:

I would definitely get one of these instead of an acoms. I wonder how much spare RX's will cost though.

Sanwa are changing their 2.4ghz radios over to FHSS 2 - perhaps Ansmann are using the first gen Sanwa FHSS, much as Losi use Spektrum DSM and not DSM 2 systems in their RTR radios?

They already have done that,its just like Spekkies DSM2,better range and signal quality,I very much doubt the radio system inside will be Sanwa,the one I had thats pictured was

Carl,

Was there a big difference with MX3 being 2.4GHz from a 27MHz system (crystal inconvenience set aside) ?

Thing is that I got a Sanwa/Perfex KT14 with my ST-S (which I'll let my wife and son run) and now I'm putting together another one that needs a radio. I think the radio is great, comfortable and easy to program.

A new KT14 goes cheap on E-bay, I think I'd prefer a good/proven 27MHz before a low end 2.4GHz.

Peter :)