• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your Touring Car!

Nice shell Matt, I have one myself good.gif

Get some long bodypins, they are easier to put on if they have a big loop on the end and you'll only need 2 of them.

Easier to find in your pit area too, I wont tell you how many times ive been in a mad rush to find small body clips seconds before my race is due to start, haha... whistling.gif

I don't like the long bodypins, if it comes out, there's more of an effect on the handling than if one small one came out. I just use bright colour bodypins, they're still pretty easy to find tongue.gif

Matt

Fair point. Can't say ive had a long body pin come off, if they are secured well, you are good to go.

They don't come off on their own accord, you know what I could say after that don't you... Something along the lines of don't crash, or get crashed into whistling.gifrofl.gif

(Sorry, I don't want to make that sound bad, it is only my wit that's bad!)

you know what I could say after that don't you... Something along the lines of don't crash, or get crashed into whistling.gifrofl.gif

You do have a point tongue.gif But when you have an awful day because the car is not handling right and qualify in the D-Final, it's hard not to get taken out by everyone at the first corner whistling.gif

Matt

You do have a point tongue.gif But when you have an awful day because the car is not handling right and qualify in the D-Final, it's hard not to get taken out by everyone at the first corner whistling.gif

Matt

hehe, happens to the best of us on the bad days...

But... Try this for a race meeting (Friday night).

Q1 and 7 laps in I broke a steering arm and C hub.

replaced the C hub, glued the steering arm together, piece broke off where the bottom screw goes in (the highest stressed area of the part)

TQ'd Q2,

Set an even faster time in Q3 and took P1 in the A final.

Led the 6 minute final from start to finish too, praying for all 6 minutes that I didnt crash, and that any crashes didnt wreck the car. To top it off, i grip rolled, twice... Still no retirement rofl.gif

That was intense! happy.gif

Back to the bodyclips.

From my own experience, I think they look neater and they wont come off so easy.

The best bit was I were given them... happy.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hi thought I would show my baby, she is now coming up to a year old and began life as a very tired second hand cyclone-S off of Ebay.

She has the 3 Racing Chassis, top deck, bulkheads etc etc, some custom made belts to fit the Yokomo Diffs (40 Tooth running on 40/17 for a weird gearing)she drives considerably better than her owner and is just stonking.

C2B3RCYC-S11.jpg

C2B3RCYC-S13.jpg

C2B3RCYC-S12.jpg

C2B3RCYC-S14.jpg

Oh and I forgot to say that the transplant that took place today of the FR block from the kit plastic to a 3Racing one now means that there is NOTHING now left from the original, may as well have just bought all the parts and built her from scratch, hang on that gives me an idea for the new year lol. BTW the bearings have now all been replaced with Ceramicas as have the Diff balls in those oh so smooth Yokie ones.

Edited by Cherry2blost

I have fancied an Mi4 since I first heard about them coming out, I think that it's the snazzy motor mount that does it for me. Only problem is that I am sort of jaded against Schuumacher cars in general since the hellish time that I had with my old SST. It had those terrible adjustable turnbuckles for the rear toe in and try as you might could never get the toe ins equualized. Also I had issues with the general fragility at the time and moved onto a Kyosho TF-3 which was indestructible in the extreme then onto TF-4 and HPI PRO 3's. I kinda missed the worst of the market because I only upgraded last December (2008) to the Cyclone FROM the PRO3. I do however have another car which I find awesome too and am torn for Carpet Wars which one to run Cyclone or this......

KyoTF-5Moddeda.jpg

KyoTF-5Moddedb.jpg

KyoTF-5Moddedc.jpg

KyoTF-5Moddedd.jpg

KyoTF-5Moddede.jpg

R9Kyosho.jpg

Excuse the shell but it has had some accident damage and the body shop have only got as far as the primer coat !

Edited by Cherry2blost

heres some of my tourers

fusion 21's

SIMG0448.JPG

DSC00255.JPG

bling.jpg

yokomo gt4

SIMG0484.JPG

Mugen mtx3

SIMG0562.JPG

recoil

DSC00698.JPG