• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

1 hour ago, johninderby said:

A little something for the weekend....TX200HC walnut stock.......:D

Stock to be removed and given a few coats of walnut oil and adjustable trigger fitted.

John

TX200HC-1.jpg.2e85d439f94a4cb12cb0da4f1bf30c83.jpg

TX200HC-2.jpg.57928b8f876a8bf2a5da1d521aa89777.jpg

TX200HC-3.jpg.4bfe4a0c100ca3f72ecf2b90e147033c.jpg

Great looking rifle :good:

3 minutes ago, supersavage said:

Great looking rifle :good:

Thanks. Will have to see how well it shoots although expecting it to be very accurate as it is. Should come with a proper adjustable trigger though but easily sorted with the Rowan Engineering one. 

Of course there's always Rat Works if need be. :D

John

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Thanks. Will have to see how well it shoots although expecting it to be very accurate as it is. Should come with a proper adjustable trigger though but easily sorted with the Rowan Engineering one. 

Of course there's always Rat Works if need be. :D

John

They're supposed to be pretty good out of the box and with the rowan trigger should make it a bit better. 

Can't recommend Rat Works enough they did a fantastic job with the R10,  though there not going to be taking any work for a couple of weeks as they're on holiday however when they're back I'm going to be getting my 97 tuned by them.  

34 minutes ago, supersavage said:

They're supposed to be pretty good out of the box and with the rowan trigger should make it a bit better. 

Can't recommend Rat Works enough they did a fantastic job with the R10,  though there not going to be taking any work for a couple of weeks as they're on holiday however when they're back I'm going to be getting my 97 tuned by them.  

Will be interested in how they get on tuning up your HW97.

First oiling of the stock with walnut oil. Couple more applications should do it. Stock is very smooth. Trigger feels silky smooth, no roughness at all. :thumbsup:

John

IMG_1387.jpg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, johninderby said:

First oiling of the stock with walnut oil. Couple more applications should do it. Stock is very smooth. Trigger feels silky smooth, no roughness at all. :thumbsup:

John

IMG_1387.jpg

I'll let you know when I send it off. 

Stock looks great, I need to oil the R10s stock at some point. 

47 minutes ago, johninderby said:

John

IMG_1387.jpg

Interesting checkering, I saw them making stocks last week at the game fair. The skill that goes into it is phenomenal. Do air rifle stocks still have a grading system like shotguns have?

Edited by Alex97

A pair of batteries and a Tamiya dirt tuned motor.

Spent ages swapping motors then took the car out to try it, whacked something big and heavy, bent one of the shiny lovely new and expensive shock absorbers! Grrrr! 

Not a grading system as such although there are usually different woods available on the better air rifles. Air Arms is known for using nice wood in their stocks. I chose the optional walnut which cost extra but well worth it. The stock is actually made in Italy I believe. Beautiful super smooth piece of wood it is too.  :thumbsup:

John

Edited by johninderby

One of my other hobbies is astronomy. High end astronomy gear can be seriously expensive. 

http://apm-telescopes-englisch.shopgate.com/item/363132

and something to mount it on

http://apm-telescopes-englisch.shopgate.com/item/33363238

Would have to win the lottery to afford any of this gear. :crying:

John

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, yoodoo said:

Jesus Christ, I'm well out of the game.I still have a Sony Walkman:lol: How can you justify a pair of headphones at that price??

J

I can't justify the price and cannot say the £5000 ones are worth their price, but they are quite impressive. Probably worth around £3000 in my opinion.