• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

A brand spanking new 1/10 Traxxas E-Revo Brushless and two 2S LiPos to go in it. :yes:

Edited by jpbp200
  • Like 2

A replacement gearbox and a selection of 3mm hardware for the Firestorm.

I broke the mounting lugs on the old gearbox and while cable ties do the job brilliantly I feel like I should fix it at some point.

Thread coming up in the tank section shortly. Waiting for a few other bits and pieces to arrive before I can start the build thread properly.

It will have a short robot arm with gripper on one end and FPV camera on another short robot arm in the centre. Bit of an exploration basher you might call it. Impressed with the build quality. Quite literally built like a tank.

John

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 2

Last good thing I got (less then a week ago - I hope that counts!) was a Speed Passion Revention R ESC with Speed Passion v3.0 8.5t brushless sensored motor combo.

Wow, was that one sweet package. I would have thought a little harder about the bargain ebay purchase (20 mins they ran it before selling it) had I known that with the newest ESC settings the 70amp R is only good for around a 7.5 turn motor. 

Though having run it around 3 times quite well, and updated it and set it up with my PC, I think it's a good value proposition compared to the ezrun stuff (for example). For instance, if I recall correctly the SP motor is supposed to be 20% more efficient than comparable motors. The SP bullets (in my case, of course, soldered to the ESC) are lovely, the motor is lovely, the ESC is lovely (albeit with a slightly loud fan) and the outcome?

Here we go:

Previous: Mamba Max Pro, Novak Ballistic 8.5 motor, some timing advance and extra punch curve (a timing one I think) on the ESC programmable settings (in the software).

New: Revention R 8.5 combo, 7.5 degrees advance on the ESC programming, max DRSS3 setting.

Result: The Speed Passion was a fair bit faster, and a lot more purposefull across the throttle range. I'll have to look again at the settings wiring and timing of the previous setup - I didn't expect it to be quite so outclassed.

So there's a Revention vote from my end, though they should have gone to 100A entry level speed controller for the perfect bashing setup.[it comes with a really short sensor wire - bewarned off road users!]

Edited by Zoea