• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

how do you turn it off

olly

hi im breakig my hyper 7 tq sport in at the moment and i dont know how to turn it off at the moment im putting a peice of wood in front off the engine is that how you turn the engine off?? and before you say "its in your manuel" tell me where cos i can see it

Pinching the fuel line is the best way as its the same as it running out of fuel, it doesnt leave any fuel sitting in the engine that way. Although if you've got the body on you can always put your thumb other the exhaust!

I've read that pinching the fuel line isn't ideal as it causes the engine to lean out before it dies.

Best way to kill a running engine is to touch the flywheel with the tip of your shoe, a bit of wood or the plastic handle of a screwdriver or similar. Or turn of your starter box and press down ^_^

I've read that pinching the fuel line isn't ideal as it causes the engine to lean out before it dies.

Best way to kill a running engine is to touch the flywheel with the tip of your shoe, a bit of wood or the plastic handle of a screwdriver or similar. Or turn of your starter box and press down ^_^

I've read that Elvis is still alive and living in Runcorn,don't mean it's true. :lol: It does'nt lean out for long enough to do any damage especially with the settings being rich for engine breaking,stays running for 2 secs max.... :)

I've read that Elvis is still alive and living in Runcorn,don't mean it's true. :lol: It does'nt lean out for long enough to do any damage especially with the settings being rich for engine breaking,stays running for 2 secs max.... :)

PMSL that is very true they are only running lean for a second or to on idle not wot but if people want to be ubber safe then by all means put the fingers over the exhaust, to be honest some people do the exhaust method then when its stopped they take off the fuel line and put the glow starter on and turn it over until it fires up and dies from no fuel.

Why do they do that, they should have done the pinch method in the first place :wacko:

I do the pinch method all the time now and my engine inside is as clean as a whistle, when you do the exhaust method you choke the engine and all the gunk and crap goes back into the engine and possibly rust the engine, after all even if you put after run oil in a gunked up engine it will only dilute it and not fully protect corrosion where as with an engine with no fuel and after run oil is a happy engine.

marty :)

Hehe true, but it's better to be paranoid... :ph34r:

If the settings are rich, then it'll take longer than 2 secs to die anyway... :whistling:

hi im breakig my hyper 7 tq sport in at the moment and i dont know how to turn it off at the moment im putting a peice of wood in front off the engine is that how you turn the engine off?? and before you say "its in your manuel" tell me where cos i can see it

you will need to buy Fastrax Fastrax Universal Engine Stopper Tool

on

www.cmldistribution.co.uk/cml_product.php?menu=rc_info&productId=0000001927

I can just use my finger over the exhaust, i don't get burned.

I just put my toe on the flywheel from the underside of the chassis, stops straight away, no lean running, no build up of oil, perfect!

Dom!

Dom you must have asbestos fingers :lol: You can use any method you want. I only used the covering the exhaust method because I had an exhaust deflector, so I could just fold it over and it would stall. I've used the fuel line pinch method (Once at half throttle) and it never killed it. It's down to personal preference.