• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Just got my HPI Baja 5B clone

headgoonie

Yeh absolutey, that is alot of money to spend on bits, there is a guy on GOT-PETROL and he has done some side by side shots of the actual bajas themselves but his 5B is really hopped up so not really a good comparison, thats why Im gonna do the parts, as its the parts that make the vehical after all.

Shouldn't be too long now (cross fingers) lol

If a company can produce (copy) a product and sell it for £300 making a profit, then why can't HPI? It happens all the time in industry, a manufacturer produces a product and different companies badge it as their own. Ultimately the designer of the product will be making money whoever sells it. It will almost certainly comes from the same factory due to the cost in setting up the tooling.

There will be some subtle differences. I've bought 2 Mini Helicopters, one a proper Silverlit branded one and a "Little Bee" copy. In fact we have 3 of the copies in the household. None of them compare to the real one, and there are some differences in the materials/design/quality of the overall product. We have 2 proper Picoo Z's and they are both the same quality. You know the saying: You get what you pay for.

KINGMOTOR new giant 2WD Baja X buggy will take RC Cars to a new dimension!

The Baja X is a rear wheel drive 1/5th scale off-road buggy that is nearly 32" in length! Its design is revolutionary for large scale RC Cars, following the

style of classic Baja buggies with long suspension arms for great ground clearance and large suspension travel. The big size allows the Baja X to go where

smaller buggies can't and makes the Baja X's driving experience as close as you can get to the real thing.

The Baja 5B is big, but coming as a "Ready To Run" car and powered by standard gasoline it can't be easier to get ready for action. Everything is included in

the kit - 1. Preassembled Baja 5B chassis, 2. Prepainted Baja body shell,

Whoops, someone forgot to change all the Baja 5B to Baja X :P

Looks good, wish i could afford one, much cheaper than Baja 5B :P

Hi everyone? im new to this site and would find any information helpfull, im looking into buying the baja buggy that ive seen for around 300 is this a sound investment as i think the prices over here are nearly 700 and i can't really see the difference apart from the stickers? im moving up from electric so this is a big jump but can't stand bloody charging anymore? has anyone got this model from hongkong,i no its a clone but would anyone really no,it seems they have brought petrol power to the masses and made people think twice about nitro?is their any good places to meet in the portsmouth area? cheers guys andy.

Hmmmm, suddenly this huge baja looks a lot more interesting... :rolleyes: What a difference in price!

Only reservations I have is customs. I think you have to be lucky to get it un-taxed. And friends tell me there could be charge of 35% on the total amount... :(

How does this thing perform, handling and stuff? What's the top speed of it? :)

Edited by Joe Tosh

Hmmmm, suddenly this huge baja looks a lot more interesting... :rolleyes: What a difference in price!

Only reservations I have is customs. I think you have to be lucky to get it un-taxed. And friends tell me there could be charge of 35% on the total amount... :(

How does this thing perform, handling and stuff? What's the top speed of it? :)

Top speed,was told about 80/90km,has anyone had it delivered in uk without any tax added,because on flebay they say will send as a gift.

Just got my Baja 5B clone today, purchased It on ebay from the same seller as Smithy on here did. Came in 4 days which I was very impressed with especially over Christmas.

I am very pleased with It though I have only had the time to open the box and get It out to inspect It quickly. I chose the black version and I like the look of It.

P241207_1129.jpg

P241207_1130.jpg

P241207_113001.jpg

With this being an almost 100% copy I cannot see any reason to purchase the HPI model at almost double the price.

Hi smart looking buggy??????? think i will get black aswell did you make him an offer or did you pay full price?

I didn't get hit with any tax whatsoever but they only mark it as a £33 gift so you would only get a small tax hit If you were very unlucky.

Also make sure you make an offer as they do sell for less than £300 If buying off ebay, and remember they can also be purchased direct for roughly £250 inc. postage.

The radio gear is the highly acclaimed.....POPLAR... as are the servo's. Haven't taken them apart yet but will do at a later date to see If they need the metal upgrade.

I didn't get hit with any tax whatsoever but they only mark it as a £33 gift so you would only get a small tax hit If you were very unlucky.

Also make sure you make an offer as they do sell for less than £300 If buying off ebay, and remember they can also be purchased direct for roughly £250 inc. postage.

The radio gear is the highly acclaimed.....POPLAR... as are the servo's. Haven't taken them apart yet but will do at a later date to see If they need the metal upgrade.

Did you ask 'em to mark it as £33 and gift? Or did they do that by themselves?

I would like to order 2 of them at once, so as an extra bonus I could save on postage too I presume. My only reservation is that it would make a quite large package of at least 20-25 kg's. I suppose that would look more suspicious to a customs officer, a big package like that to be only like a 60£ gift... :unsure::unsure:

What do you think?

I would like to order 2 of them at once, so as an extra bonus I could save on postage too I presume. My only reservation is that it would make a quite large package of at least 20-25 kg's. I suppose that would look more suspicious to a customs officer, a big package like that to be only like a 60£ gift... :unsure::unsure:

What do you think?

Surely your not trying to avoid paying the legitimate duty on your purchase?? :confused: :confused:

I didn't ask them to mark it down. From my dealing with Hong Kong/China they all seem to know the drill and mark all the items down and class it as a gift unless requested - downside Is If the package is damaged you can only claim whatever It was valued at.

I am waiting for some shop to buy these in bulk as the profit margin is very high. Then it will be interesting to see If HPI send in the lawyers as they won't have any chance for of recouping damages in China but they will in the UK.

http://www.atvfactory.com/Product/ProductL...D=69&Page=1 ATVfactory are able to sell them direct for cheaper than ebay prices, plus they will sell single units. Haven't dealt with them but reading around they mailshotted a lot of the Baja dealers with the low prices.

Edited by headgoonie

Surely your not trying to avoid paying the legitimate duty on your purchase?? :confused: :confused:

:tumbleweed:

what do you mean?

I didn't ask them to mark it down. From my dealing with Hong Kong/China they all seem to know the drill and mark all the items down and class it as a gift unless requested - downside Is If the package is damaged you can only claim whatever It was valued at.

http://www.atvfactory.com/Product/ProductL...D=69&Page=1 ATVfactory are able to sell them direct for cheaper than ebay prices, plus they will sell single units. Haven't dealt with them but reading around they mailshotted a lot of the Baja dealers with the low prices.

Ok, great, thanks for info! :)

What do you think?

I would contact them directly from the link that rawisraw just gave.If you tell them that you want to order two i reckon they will do you a good deal.

heres the website for kinmotors and they have a video on the page

kingmotor

:good:

I would contact them directly from the link that rawisraw just gave.If you tell them that you want to order two i reckon they will do you a good deal.

I might try that indeed. Would still prefer to buy it on ebay... better protection and if it goes horribly wrong, at least you could address ebay about the sale.

But one more possibility indeed! :)

:good:

I might try that indeed. Would still prefer to buy it on ebay... better protection and if it goes horribly wrong, at least you could address ebay about the sale.

But one more possibility indeed! :)

Hi have tried this site ATVFACTORY.COM and was told its a scam site beware??????????????????????????

it wouldnt surprise me if they come from the same factory and the manager is having a bit of a side earner.i,ve heard numerous times of chinese factorys opening at night for a bit of on the side production.i,ve heard of watches and nike trainers at least.i was even told that you can get branded fake trainers before they are even released in the shops-quality with these is a bit hit and miss though in my experience.same with watches.ive bought trainers and watches from china and while one or two are really good you will see 2 or 3 which are rubbish.

i,m not sure but once hpi catch wind(which i,m sure they have) things may change.however they chinese are difficult to stop.as in shut up shop and open up down the road with a new name.

a uk seller was once selling bbs lm rims(car) and when bbs caught wind that soon stopped.however production didnt and you can still buy them now.

i,m interested in one of these especially for around 200.would really like to know if they are the same and is quality hit and miss.

yeh will be good to hear a full report on these as im also looking to get 1 ,,they certainly cant be any worse than the ShengQi 1/5th Scale Petrol Radio Controlled Monster Truck,,,ive never come accross such a shoddy product in my life and would advise any 1 to stear clear of them