• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas Maxx Slash

Nick

27 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Got to be honest I kinda think the same  for another £300 you can get a xrt or for £280 less you can get a 4s arrma  or £10 less you can get the sledge so this is a bit of a wonder. I’m not going to say NO but I will hang off for some running vids but not those freebie bottom licking YouTubers 

My girlfriend actually hit the nail on the head for me. I showed her the Traxxas Video (which is extremely good IMO) and she said it look like it drives like the old Slash youve had plenty of, and you always preferred driving trucks over the short course because as good as they look, they dont drive as well as truck due to the silly parachuting. 

Lets say Im out in the terrain that is showm in that video, would this do anything that my XRT, or Sledge, or even my Maxx doesnt? Then on top of that I have an X Maxx. Where does this fit. 

Before getting into my Tamiya’s, I had pretty much the whole Traxxas catalogue. Ive since sold my E Revo 2.0, Slash 4x4, Rally, UDR, Stampede 4x4, and 3x Revo’s. In terms of bashers I still have an X Maxx, XRT, Sledge, Rustler 4x4 and 2x Maxxs (which this is based on). What does this Maxx Slash do that I cant do with my current depleted stable? Id argue my XRT would still drive and bash better. 

I could sell a Maxx as we have two, to buy this maybe but Id be lucky to get half the cost of this (as Id sell my least modified one) and is it going to be any better? For me, Trucks are better than short course trucks (but dont look as good I admit). So the Maxx Slash wouldnt get much use. I can justify that with my Tamiya’s, not another £750 basher

• Like 3

760 is typical Traxxas pricing, bonkers. 

Now I love a Short Course, so much tougher with their shorter arms and enclosed wheels, but this is too much coin (as always) for something with such lame leccy bits. 

And the tyres should not extend beyond the body. 

• Like 2

So its a Sledge ESC/Motor Combo and a Maxx maybe XMaxx Servo, with the TSM radio. I genuinely despite what I said earlier, think at £649, maybe £679  Id have ordered tonight. Ive sold a heck of a lot of stuff lately thanks to eBays free listing offer, so funds arent the issue. Its the justification when a Sledge is cheaper 

• Like 1

I have  the original slayer and i will agree it looks cool and is very rugged for not breaking stuff since its all enclosed in the body which is a good thing as it crashes a lot as its so unstable. I would love to have it as a cool ornament in the hallway but it needs a new shell and they dont make them anymore and i have no idea if a slash 1 would fit.

I just kinda think the max slash would be the same

Edited by wolfie1

Traxxas create a "family tree" with all their innovative chassis releases, they design a modular chassis that can then be reshaped to various model types (Truck, Shortcourse, Buggy etc).  Even 15+ years ago with the 2wd chassis, Rustler, Bandit and Stampede. Then again with the 4x4 chassis, It's quite smart, from a business/efficiency stand point.

This might not be the last "Maxx" model we see in the next 5 years. Maxx Bandit? Maxx Rally?....

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Traxxas create a "family tree" with all their innovative chassis releases, they design a modular chassis that can then be reshaped to various model types (Truck, Shortcourse, Buggy etc).  Even 15+ years ago with the 2wd chassis, Rustler, Bandit and Stampede. Then again with the 4x4 chassis, It's quite smart, from a business/efficiency stand point.

This might not be the last "Maxx" model we see in the next 5 years. Maxx Bandit? Maxx Rally?....

A Maxx Rally might actually interest me, would be nice to have a larger sized rally car that would hopefully have a licensed body that isn't another Ford 🤔

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Its the same with 1:1 cars, especially the VAG Group. Theyre all based on the same chassis, with various wheelbases etc

• Like 1