• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cross RC NT4 Unimog

Lone-wolf

20 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

Ordered from Simon at Greens models....lets hope it dont need the slipper tightening, he assures me it wont

That's where I bought my PG4A.  I'm surprised he managed to get hold of the NT4 so quickly.  I didn't even know it was available in UK yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lone-wolf said:

did you have any main issues with PG4?

One part was missing from the kit but Simon sent it to me next day.  The PG4A was one of the earlier kits when Cross-RC was a relatively new company but they are pretty sorted on quality nowadays.  I have always found Greens Models to be a good company to deal with.

Do you have any plans for the rear load-bed of the NT4?  I see they do an upgrade kit with a proper load area and tarp cover.  In my opinion they should really have supplied that load-bed from the start as it adds much more realism.  I think the standard part is polycarbonate and the upgrade is ABS.

• Like 2

Good reply, no real plans for load bed, looking at getting a few scale parts just to "make it mine" fake winch for front bumper, i have an orange "recovery " type roof light that i think should go on, i do really like Unimogs especially the 425 version. i may get some heavy wheels but the stock tyres seem decent, need to see what they are like when it gets here, of course i will be updating this thread as things progress, the NT4 should arrive 28th dec 

• Like 2

A few tiny bits done to the Mog this morning, fitted wider 8.0mm hex`s  to widen track by about 6mm total and use up some spare axle thread.

painted the fake fuel tank straps silver, just because i could.

Found a scale tow bar in the parts box and hey presto it fits, not thinking of using it but its on there in case i want to

unimog track.JPG

tank straps.JPG

towbar.JPG

• Like 3

Right one little niggle with this cross Unimog is the way the shell is held, we have 2 post and pins in the rear bed, then 2 small posts the back of the cab slides onto one in each lower corner of back of cab then 2 hidden posts in front under the grille, its a bit tricky getting body back on but with a 5200-6200mah not like you have to keep taking body of to change lipo`s.....however there is this hard body bed that stays fitted and just the cab then comes of but at the moment another £60 is a hard ask, but i am thinking i may get it in the near future, it has a lift up hatch to get to battery, next time i have the truck out i will try and show the mounts, the stock rear bed is held to cab with a good amount of screws

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

some pics showing how the body fits to chassis, so there is a pair of posts and holes in the rear bed, then a pair of posts that the back of lower cab sits into with no clips, then a pair of posts under grille that go into holes in back of bumper with retaining clips, its  all a bit fiddly but its getting easier the more times i take of and refit shell, currently working on a driver figure, Victor is seated in his driving seat but waiting on glue to dry before i can continue

NT4 middle and rear holes.JPG

NT4 rear cab lugs.JPG

CapturNT4 front cab mount.JPG

• Like 2