• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hi guys, please help me make the right choice.

xxCarlxx

Id like to get an Xmaxx for Xmas 🤓

But im a little lost with batteries. Im going to give the Traxxas lipos a miss because they seem overpriced. 

I was looking at the Gen Ace :
image.png.138ef6812850b2543f6f1b480448bdfa.png
https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/345578/

But im not sure what i will need to make this work with the Xmaxx or if this will even fit. 

Can someone confirm if this works with the Xmas and what ill need to make the battery connect to the Traxass ESC

And lastly, is there anything else ill need? I have screw drivers etc, i think i may need the bluetooth connector thing and i was wondering, for storage, can i just leave the Xmaxx on its wheels or do i need to have it on a stand to take the weight off the suspension? I ask as i see so many people doing it online but they never explain why.

Im lucky in that i have a MASSIVE field literally on my doorstep so ill have fun with this!

Thanks Guys!

Edited by xxCarlxx

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/overlander-supersport-148v-6250mah-35c-lipo-stick-pack-traxxas-409300

I’ve got these - They fit perfectly into my Xmaxx and XRT, with a little space in the tray so it’s not a struggle to close the battery clip. If you look on Modelsport, these batteries are the recommended in their bundle package too. That’s how I discovered them 👍