• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MF-01x Fiat 131 rally

Lone-wolf

8 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

I dont mind the arches i tend to get the straight lines wonky but might score and snap the straights

i use really really sharp scissors that if your not careful would take your finger off!

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

No pics of any update as im waiting till i get it painted, decals on and finished at the moment the shell is fully trimmed i spent ages getting the ride height just sweet on the chassis making shims  to really get it sitting good, finally the shell is washed, air dried and fully masked up ready for paint, i just need a break in the weather so i can get painting, i dont have a full can so hope its enough

• Like 1

• Lone-wolf changed the title to MF-01x Fiat 131 rally

@Gaz! mine is coming on i am at the Tamiya decal stage and we all know just how much fun that part is, sadly im having to do it part "Oliofiat" and part Alitalia, i think the shell on yours in the pics look nice than how mine will be but im still gonna be happy with it, no more pics till its done

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Gaz! said:

Nothing wrong with that!!

those wheels give it a nice “stance” too, looks like it means business :good:

Still not sure about the wheels, it really needs rally wheel/tyre but 65mm outer diameter is the max i can use and JUST clear the arches, gonna try it with a set of 60mm but then ride height wont be right 

Excellet job, love the wheels, they remind me of the "alleycat " alloys we used to fit to 1.1 rally cars in the 1980s

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Really looks the business there mate :good:

I was so looking forward to the Alitalia colour scheme but have to say i am really liking the hybrid OlioFiat, its worked better than i expected, who would of thought this started out as a Jimny, the Jimny was fun but i prefer the new incarnation 

jimny.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...