• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Storm Babet

wolfie1

So we are casualties of this early on, all the power is out in our house, i have rigged up an inverter to a 12v battery and a 50w solar cell to keep the battery getting some charge coming into it so as to power up the router (dont get phone signal at home), may try and get the tv to work later although it would be for internet based stuff as we need a booster for tv signal and thats in the loft and im not going to run extension cables all over the house. Funny thing is i said to the wife “we should really buy a generator as living in a remote rural location it would be a good idea” she said not to bother as we wont need it and again have been bitten in the ass, i really dont know why i keep listening to her 🤭🤣

• Sad 1

One of those leisure batteries might be a plan for those situations. 
I grew up with powercuts being part of winter life up here in Orkney, doesn’t seem to happen as much anymore. An army of candles, open fire and a Rayburn stove were the key things though the digital age has changed that somewhat!

Hope yer no waiting too long for the power to come back on man

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

Thanks, i took the leisure battery out of the caravan, so thats a plus for sure

This is what i have rigged up, its not pretty but its working, fire is all sorted to go on later too

https://imgur.com/a/E7Idmuk

Nice, has a hint of a MacGyver vibe to it👍👌

• Haha 1

Working perfect 
I just copy the imgur url, use the other media button on the bottom corner of the box here, paste and add .jpg and happy days. There’s probably a better solution but it works for me. 

The issue i am having with imgur is if i upload the pics, where do they go, there doesnt seem to be a way to look through all the pics you have uploaded unless immediately clicking the green box as soon as they are uploaded and view them like that and share them from there also

15 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

Stay safe guys, baton down the hatches and just dont go out unless you really need to   @ad456m i have a good friend that was born in Orkney Michael Harrold 

Small world! we can rarely leave the island without finding an Orcadian somewhere, even abroad. I know a few folk with that surname too!

I think @wolfie1(i hope that open fire is roaring!!) is getting the brunt of this one. I heard their evacuating bits of Aberdeen due to the sea levels/waves.

We’ve got some wind but it’s only 44mph with 63mph gusts so we should be fine. It’s a lot less dramatic when it’s all you have ever known, but I’m not too disappointed I don’t have to go anywhere😉

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Theres a green icon top right if you click it it opens a menu scroll down to images and click it which should take you to your uploaded pictures

This is my screen that i get, i dont see a green icon

KDw1Kt5.png

30 minutes ago, ad456m said:

Small world! we can rarely leave the island without finding an Orcadian somewhere, even abroad. I know a few folk with that surname too!

I think @wolfie1(i hope that open fire is roaring!!) is getting the brunt of this one. I heard their evacuating bits of Aberdeen due to the sea levels/waves.

We’ve got some wind but it’s only 44mph with 63mph gusts so we should be fine. It’s a lot less dramatic when it’s all you have ever known, but I’m not too disappointed I don’t have to go anywhere😉

My wife on the way home from work has to drive along the beach front, she said the road was like a foam party and thats a good 20m above see level and hes, fire is blazin good

Edited by wolfie1

15 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

This is my screen that i get, i dont see a green icon

KDw1Kt5.png

Try clicking the home button

Then look top right there should be an avatar symbol if you click that there should be a drop down menu

this is what i see

k6YCGn3.png

You’ve got italics switched on in the text box maybe, it’s the slanted i in the top left. 
Hope SSE or whoever get ya back on today man, hope there’s no other carnage for ya. 

1 hour ago, ad456m said:

You’ve got italics switched on in the text box maybe, it’s the slanted i in the top left. 
Hope SSE or whoever get ya back on today man, hope there’s no other carnage for ya. 

Thank you 🙂

• Like 1

So power is back on again thankfully, i was worried it may go off again at any time so i had to be quick, heating and hot water on, washing machine on, dishwasher on and then jump in the shower. Its amazing how much you miss something that you never really thought about!

• Like 1