• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My Tamiya Egress Black Edition Build

Kpowell911

Got a little bit more done before bed. 

I went with the Torque Splitter as I suppose it was a hop up so must be an improvement right? (You get both in the box). Also got the upper deck on which is very nice!

EbXZ7Uz.jpeg

I dont know if its just me, or back in the early 90s did Tamiya expect people to have 3 arms and hands? The read stabiliser was a challenge to line up but got there after a few attempts.

I then started on the RearA Arms. These are the most bizarre things Ive ever seen! I wanted a different build and thats what I got! Its all so complicated and different. In a good way. I think?!

I put a screw in wrong in this pic, rest assured its sorted now:

24b8jEO.jpeg

I wanted to leave it there but I was so intriuged as to how these mounted. Shock horror it required you to grow a third arm to hold stuff in place but got there in the end. 

E01WOau.jpeg

You needed to be a Worlds Strongest Man competitor push the roll bar links on. My poor thumbs!

I finished the drive shafts and got them mounted as I didnt wanna stop and leave tiny grub screws a

on the pit mat. So got those mounted. 

kBt0Fd2.jpeg

gtR5SoB.jpeg

One concern...... the motor seems to be at an angle? Is this right? Feels ok but looks wrong!?

JTVM7KC.jpeg

• Like 3

Felt awful yesterday, got in from work and went straight to bed, but got a bit more done today, mainly the front end:

gyZqnns.jpeg

6vKPNjj.jpeg

MxqxfAW.jpeg

The hubs are gorgeous, and the steering is buttery smooth. Not many parts left now so must be getting to the ends 😕

Onto the shocks. Nothing special, just basic shocks. Not sure I like the screw adjuster, Id prefer a theaded adjuster. They dont feel AMAZING , but theyll be fine for the amount of run time this will get. Also need to attempt to pick up a BD15 as I think Ive slightly cross theaded one.

77pWKz7.jpeg

Anyone know if BD15 is avaliable without buying the whole shock set?

mJhWvj6.jpeg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just returned my XV-02RS PRO Chassis kit as I don't see myself building it now and thinking of purchasing the Tamiya Egress Black Edition. How do your rate the overall build, quality and running experience compared to say the Avante?

Also... noticed the price has somewhat spiked from the suggested £379 to £499! 😠

I have the Top Force Evo and that's a quality kit, but would like something equal if not better to go with it?

3 hours ago, iGP said:

Just returned my XV-02RS PRO Chassis kit as I don't see myself building it now and thinking of purchasing the Tamiya Egress Black Edition. How do your rate the overall build, quality and running experience compared to say the Avante?

Also... noticed the price has somewhat spiked from the suggested £379 to £499! 😠

I have the Top Force Evo and that's a quality kit, but would like something equal if not better to go with it?

Blimey, I paid £299 for my Egress Black Edition. Theres a regular edition ReRe coming soon BTW. Im not sure how much use Ill be to your questions but:

The build was very fun and high quality throughout.

Ive never ever ran the Egress, and dont intend to

Ive not even opened my Avante Black Edition, I dont think Ill ever build it 

Im after a Top Force Evo next, from what I know, the Avante & Egress are better quality, high end, but the Top Force Evo performs much better and is more durable etc

• Like 1

Top Force Evo is a very nice build and quality to match. When and where did you purchase that Egress Black Edition from for £299 and I wasn't aware there was another ReRe coming?

2 hours ago, iGP said:

Top Force Evo is a very nice build and quality to match. When and where did you purchase that Egress Black Edition from for £299 and I wasn't aware there was another ReRe coming?

SC Models had an offer on. Egress Black for £299, Avante Black for £399. I bought them both at that price then they shot up in price. 

Theres a ReRe Egress (not black edition) coming soon (Feb)

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/tamiya-egress-2013-379924

27 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

SC Models had an offer on. Egress Black for £299, Avante Black for £399. I bought them both at that price then they shot up in price. 

Theres a ReRe Egress (not black edition) coming soon (Feb)

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/tamiya-egress-2013-379924

The price! 😮

You had a good buy there but I'm not familiar with SCModels so I'll go have a browse there shortly.

15 hours ago, PraetoR said:

How did I only just notice this thread!?

Beautiful model. Absolutely stunning. Did you ever work out if the motor angle was correct?

Yes it was correct haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

I lied. It was MB Models not SC

I've scoured the internet looking and the price is far too high for this kit however, I've got a few price matches on Kyosho Optima kits that will make a good substitute. Choices, choices...

1 hour ago, iGP said:

I've scoured the internet looking and the price is far too high for this kit however, I've got a few price matches on Kyosho Optima kits that will make a good substitute. Choices, choices...

Yea the Tamiya’s have all shot up. 

Your next option is Tamico and play the Customs/VAT Lottery

Edited by Kpowell911