• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lipo voltages

wolfie1

could be LIHV  lipos wolfie a standard 4s lipo pack should be 16.8v fully charged and 14.8v rested  etc if your charger can charge the LIHV worth the extra bit of voltage but a standard lipo charger will still charge to normal levels 👍

so normal lipo per cell is 3.2volts and a LIHV per cell is 3.8volts

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The difference between LIHV and standard LiPo packs is primarily in voltage levels. LIHV has a higher voltage per cell (3.8V) compared to standard LiPo (3.2V). Ensure your charger can handle LIHV if you choose that option for your RC vehicle.

4 hours ago, ZaraDyer said:

The difference between LIHV and standard LiPo packs is primarily in voltage levels. LIHV has a higher voltage per cell (3.8V) compared to standard LiPo (3.2V). Ensure your charger can handle LIHV if you choose that option for your RC vehicle.

LiPos have a nominal voltage of 3.7v, not 3.2v. LiHV is 3.8v nominal. 

3.2v is close to damaging the LiPo. 

• Like 3

My charger does do the lihv batteries, im quite impressed with it, bought from aliexpress and has lots of features, will charge 2 different types of batteries at 10a each and was not a lot of money, in the end i decided on just the normal ones.
I am correct in saying a 10000 mah battery will get charged at 10a an 8400 at 8.4a 6700 at 6.7a and so on, obviously on a balance charge setting?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wolfie1 said:

I am correct in saying a 10000 mah battery will get charged at 10a an 8400 at 8.4a 6700 at 6.7a and so on, obviously on a balance charge setting?

If you charge them at 1c, that's correct indeed. Which is of course what you should do to keep deterioration to a minimum. Best case would be to charge at 0.5c (so 5A for a 10Ah pack), but that takes considerably longer and isn't really viable for many. You can charge at 2c (20A for the 10Ah pack), but that's harder on the pack, and some don't support it in the first place. 

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Like 2