• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Element Enduro kit 2.

Hi guys,

After some deliberation I decided on the Element Enduro builders kit 2, with Hobbywing 1080 and Holmes Hobby Crawlermaster sport motor. 

I’ve got some injora wheels and tyres and a JC concepts power wagon body with Injora bumpers. Incidentally the bumpers are bloody heavy. 

I should be receiving the kit tomorrow and wondered if there’s any tips I should know that may be useful during the build. 

I’ll probably use a DumboRC radio with the extra channels for a light bar and winch. 

Pics to follow. 

Thanks. 

• Like 1

Look forward to the build and pics, seems Element rigs are pretty good, when your doing the build put a smear of grease on the screws that go into plastic, it will really help, also on the motor to axle drive shafts dont over tighten the little screw pins as they can be a total pig to get out for maintenance, just nip them up with a drip of blue thread lock 

Thanks fella. 

just doing it now and it seems strange that the drive shaft pins don’t seem to be held in with anything and keep falling out. 

Am I doing something wrong?

thanks. 

• Like 1

Cheers fella. 

kit pretty much finished now other than bodyshell, wheels and tyres. 

I have put on an old set of monster truck wheels and tyres just for test purposes. 

one thing I have noticed that with no motor the drivetrain is very tight, so much so that on a smooth dining room table (with no motor) it drags the wheels when trying to push along. Is this normal or have I done something stoopid?

im not an RC newb at all but I am a total Crawler noob. 

thanks guys. 

• Like 1

Sorted the tightness chaps. 

Removed propshafts and the axles were beautifully free. Took gearbox out and backed off the bolts holding the 2 halves of the box together.

so the problem was me and my heavyhandedness!!

just a heads up for any future builders.. just nip the 5 gearbox bolts up. 

😐

• Like 3