• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Savage 5.9 is alive

Steve-O2021

15 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

You can only really tell if smoke is about right when its on full throttle, and in that space your driving it in isint enough for it to change out of first

If I hold it up off the ground and accelerate would I hear a gear change then or does it need to be under load with the wheels on the ground?

You can hold it by the grab handle off the ground and accelerate to full throttle, you should hear and feel it change if your tune is good  and rpms are high enough and it is set up correct. You need a longer run to reach full throttle for long enough so unlikely to manage this in your garden unless you are very brave and can brake soon enough.

1 hour ago, locky said:

You can hold it by the grab handle off the ground and accelerate to full throttle, you should hear and feel it change if your tune is good  and rpms are high enough and it is set up correct. You need a longer run to reach full throttle for long enough so unlikely to manage this in your garden unless you are very brave and can brake soon enough.

Thanks 

luckily I back onto a farm with a empty field behind me so could step over my back fence and Try a faster run in there