• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nitro Fuel brands

Steve-O2021

Not much choice these days. Optifuel race blend is less smokey than their rtr version, which has more oil content. If your just bashing for fun then rtr version is fine. Always best to use engine sound than relying on exhaust smoke trail. 

• 2 months later...
On 17/04/2023 at 14:33, Steve-O2021 said:

Looking for some nitro fuel but haven't bought any for 15 odd years or more lol

The only brand I can really see forsale is by  OptiFuel 

Is this the goto brand for nitro fuel in the UK?

Thanks

Seems to be the only brand on the market now. I recently got my buggy back out after a 5 or 6 year layoff. 

I had VP fuel from the states but no one imports it anymore. It actually seemed to work ok but I thought maybe better getting some new stuff, so I've got optifuel 

Back when i ran nitros i used optifuel .Its a decent brand but be aware its a smokier fuel and you could run a bit lean for your motor and not be aware

I used to like using byrons 30%nitro until you couldnt get it any more (it was a rip off as it was a us gallon) then i moved to optifuel 25% but not the race blend as its more finicky to tune,  optifuel i found to give a more stable tune than  model technics 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...