• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

First body shell trim

Looks good, but as Bajadre quite correctly stated, drilling is easier on an unpainted shell because you can clearly see the body posts through the shell. 

In your case, if you're a little crafty, you can with the tiniest dab of hot glue put a small magnet centred on the top of the body post, put the shell on and then see where another set of magnets snap to, mark that and drill. I had a small rig printed for that (basically just a 5mm cup for the magnet on a short rod to go on top of the body post). Makes it convenient. 

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Spunkymunky88 said:

The post holes are far from straight but the wheels dont catch so thats great im now putting dry wall on how much of this tape do i put on ? 

16815615534686672470517465526578.jpg

Looks good already, you only need one layer - though i would reinforce especially around the sides as well, including the corners. Shells tend to crack at the truck bed often. Other than that, that's probably enough already, add a layer around the side - don't forget to shoe goo a tacky layer first, otherwise you lose half the contact surface for the shoe goo.

Edited by m4inbrain

• 4 months later...