• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Return Visitor - Rookie 1/10 Racer?

Syrob

Afternoon,

Joined the forum many moons ago and have been through a few kits since.  A good friend of mine used to do a bit of RC in his younger years and is keen to do a bit more and has asked if I fancy it.

I do fancy it although don’t anticipate I will be very competitive! We have Mendip RC Raceway on our doorstep and I would probably be looking at the 1/10 2WD buggy of 1/10 stadium/short course class.

He has already ordered his TA RC10 B6 and I could follow suit, there is a good argument for sharing of spares etc. although on a bit more of a budget I might go for one of the older iterations of the B6.

Did see the RC10 and wondered if that might be a good toe in the water??? 

What are peoples thoughts around a stadium truck for the above? 

Sy

8 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

Best bet would be to pop down and see what everyone else is running before ordering anything. The 2nd hand market can also be a good starting point as well. 

Brand wise I'd be looking at team associated, Schumacher and Xray. 

Thanks Alex, yes I think we are going to do that at some point. 

Those are the brands I had been looking at and seem to get the most coverage on YT in 1/10 videos/reviews.

The RB10 looks to be good out of the box save for perhaps a quicker servo and some different tyres? 

I love the trucks but don’t know much about the race class - I assume it is also 1/10 2WD as the buggies in fact almost identical except the body style - would that be a fair assumption? 

Sy

7 minutes ago, Syrob said:

Thanks Alex, yes I think we are going to do that at some point. 

Those are the brands I had been looking at and seem to get the most coverage on YT in 1/10 videos/reviews.

The RB10 looks to be good out of the box save for perhaps a quicker servo and some different tyres? 

I love the trucks but don’t know much about the race class - I assume it is also 1/10 2WD as the buggies in fact almost identical except the body style - would that be a fair assumption? 

Sy

the only issue with the RTR is its rear motor (you want mid) and I believe that it comes with a sensorless esc and motor (won't be as smooth at low speeds however not really a deal breaker).  Within a fairly short space of time you'll no doubt want to upgrade the electronic so that initial saving might end up costing you more in the long run. 

Personally, I'd look at second-hand to get started and if at any point you want to do something newer you can either sell it on or keep as it a spare car. Someone at Mendip might even be selling their old car so you'll be able to see it before you buy, I'm sure they have a facebook page that would be worth checking out.