• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1:24 carpet rig

tangoman

Hi all after some advise I stay away for work several days a week and am looking for a rig I can use in the room been looking at the Axial SCX24 will this work well on carpet?

Not sure which to get the Bronco or the Jeep have seen the thread by Davy Crockett  finished truck and the 3d printed stuff is amazing 

how long does the stock battery last?  

want to keep this in my car so suggestions on simple charger?

Thanks in advance

Nick

No idea about batteries but as for running on carpet, no bother at all.

They are great fun and any object, books, shoes, bottles, anything become obstacles to 'conquer'.

I have a Deadbolt and there are loads of inexpensive mods you can get from companies like Injora so there's another way to pass the time.

16 hours ago, tangoman said:

Hi all after some advise I stay away for work several days a week and am looking for a rig I can use in the room been looking at the Axial SCX24 will this work well on carpet?

Not sure which to get the Bronco or the Jeep have seen the thread by Davy Crockett  finished truck and the 3d printed stuff is amazing 

how long does the stock battery last?  

want to keep this in my car so suggestions on simple charger?

Thanks in advance

Nick

Its a great little truck and good fun, surprisingly capable for its size

Batteries last around 20mins (ish) and charge via a USB charger, phone charger or car cigarette lighter to charge

One thing is don't leave lipo plugged in to car, even switched off it drains. Took 1 lipo so low it won't charge. Got a couple of extra lipos off ebay pretty cheap

• Like 2

Hi all,

my Axial SCX24 Bronco arrived Friday what a fun rig.

Now to upgrades

where to get replacement wheels and tyres looking for more agressive tyres? super swampers?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, tangoman said:

Hi all,

my Axial SCX24 Bronco arrived Friday what a fun rig.

Now to upgrades

where to get replacement wheels and tyres looking for more agressive tyres? super swampers?

Look on the Injora site, all the stuff is pretty good and not too expensive.

Brass wheel weights or brass extenders are a good start at monkeying about, plants them on the ground. I did aluminium steering links which makes the steering less sloppy.

Bigger more aggressive wheels and tyres are a must if only for the kid in you.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Rustic Ade said:

Look on the Injora site, all the stuff is pretty good and not too expensive.

Brass wheel weights or brass extenders are a good start at monkeying about, plants them on the ground. I did aluminium steering links which makes the steering less sloppy.

Bigger more aggressive wheels and tyres are a must if only for the kid in you.

Injora site is great and postage ok looked at a set of wheels and tyres postage was £2.99 thanks for the info

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tangoman said:

Injora site is great and postage ok looked at a set of wheels and tyres postage was £2.99 thanks for the info

I've messed about with shockers on mine and have different types front and rear, mounted more to the centre of the chassis. It gives a lower 'slump' ride so instead of it pushing the truck up the wheels drop if that makes sense?

Same articulation, just more stable.

22 minutes ago, tangoman said:

...just glad I could offer advice! Normally I just ask for it from everyone else!