• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Easy Lipo question (for brainy people who know about Lipos)!

Fat Freddy

Hi there

I’ve been struggling to find a 2S small enough to fit into my latest project,  a 1/35 scale Jeep kit  (Orlandoo Hunter OH35A01), (see thread in micro and mini).

I’ve decided to make my own by linking 2 1S batteries together. 1EC85A15-14FC-44C6-B13F-951E8F343D02.thumb.jpeg.5c7fb6184e51ca9123241502f0b9b8fe.jpeg

I’ve studied how to do it at the University of YouTube and I’m planning to wire them up “saddlebag” style so the cells will sit, one either side of the motor. 

The cells in question are really small, 31mm x 20mm x 7mm, and 200mAh / 25C.

I know that by linking them I’ll get (2x3.7V=) 7.4 Volts.

Am I right in thinking the resulting battery will still be 200mAh?

Or will that value change?

And what would the C rating be for my new battery?

It would probably have been quicker to Google this, but I’m sure one of you folks will know this.

yes with both connected in series it will remain 200mah but the voltage will be 7.4

im not sure but i would say treat them as 25c bats when joined up

Edited by Stormbringer
  • Thanks 1

They should still have an effective 25C rating when wired up in series (or parallel). 

I’d be very curious to see what ~37 W of power (7.4 x 0.2 x 25) would do if you could get it all into the tiny truck these will be going into. Would probably be able to fly. 

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Ross9999992 said:

Just be aware that you’d still want the ability  to balance the cells as you are putting them in series 👍🏻

Thanks. I have a balance plug and a circuit diagram. Despite being fairly confident I know what I’m doing, I’ll be very pleased if my charger recognises it as a 2S battery when I plug it in.

I’m putting it off until the rest of the electronics are closer to completion as I want to keep all the wiring as short as possible to save space. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fat Freddy said:

I’ll be very pleased if my charger recognises it as a 2S battery when I plug it in.

Haha yeah that “I did a thing” feeling is always great. It’s simple enough so as you are even attempting it I imagine you’ll be fine 🤞🏻

• Thanks 1