• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Best 1/18 scaler on the market?

master farter

There seems to be so much choice now when it comes to the little 1/18 crawler choice with the new trx4m, roc hobby offerings and alike.

so what’s the best one out the box do you think?

im leaning towards the trx4m but the fms Chevy k10 looks awesome! I just wonder if it’s as capable as the likes of the trx4m

As always it really depends upon what exactly you want - ultimate scale appearance or optimum performance?  Some of the hard-body trucks (e.g. FMS/ROC Hobby) look amazing with their scale details but will never perform as well as the buggy style products.  There certainly is a growing choice nowadays though with 1:18 scale products available from a huge number of brands including Absima, Axial, Capo, Eazy RC, FMS Model, FS Racing, FTX, Hobby Plus, Panda Hobby, RC4WD, ROC Hobby, Traxxas, etc.

• Like 1

I have a ROC Hobby Katana 1:18 and it performs pretty well outside.  It has a hard body and a more scale orientated chassis so therefore is easy to roll-over on side slopes.  A Lexan body and wider axle track would give better performance, as will upgraded brass parts.  I would expect the Traxxas TRX-4M to out-perform it.  The Axial UTB18 would be better still (although not strictly 1:18 scale).  However, my Katana is completely stock and you can see the type of terrain it can operate on in the video below:

BlackSeaRC

• Like 3