• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Is green slime still the best, or is there anything better?

Shergar

I’ve used slick honey on mine as it’s what I use on the seals of my mountain bike forks. Feels like the right sort of stuff (very light and slippy) but I’ve never had any green slime to compare it to. Does come in larger sizes than the RC marketed stuff so should last for ever if you don’t use it elsewhere. I think sram butter is similar stuff too. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

So heres the update: $37 shipped for a tub of Noleen, and no taxes either! The internet told me Associated Green Slime was likely Noleen SF3, so I took a a chance. An expensive chance at 6 times the cost of a tiny Green Slime

https://www.noleenj6.com/noleen-greases

63119DC1-0116-4792-B271-6931C67CA868.thumb.jpeg.0d443d43644933610f1f19317f46c9ac.jpeg

The difference in size (but 6 times the cost!), heres the inside story:

B11E6185-87C4-4211-BB9E-21E1912C37F6.thumb.jpeg.47c8ebbd123d75452b08d49ffc5cdda2.jpeg

Im 99% sure its the base product - same colour same feel, same density. Could be completely different, but I think its the original source.

Edited by Shergar
  • Like 3