• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Gmade R1

Steve-O2021

47 minutes ago, Redback said:

Didn't like mine, too top heavy, wheel base to short even at extended wheel base.
Shocking shocks and weak portal gears, long term they are not a keeper. The tires were probably the best part.

Aahhh balls, didn't want to read that lol...  

I suppose it will be classed as an upgrade over my HSP 1/8 Crawler? Or is it a downgrade?????

The HSP 1/8 seems a very capable crawler but for me the gears are a weak point..

23 minutes ago, Steve-O2021 said:

Will check this 🙂

could be worth looking at ravine or just come away from this design and go with a scale crawler also i may be selling my Injora modded rock buggy, like the G1 but no portals

Edited by Lone-wolf

5 hours ago, Steve-O2021 said:

Will check this 🙂

I enjoy mine and I’m yet to break anything on it. Not sure if Gmade improved the quality of the materials used but all the gears on mine have been fine so have the shocks with no leaks and work great.

IMO You do need to lengthen the wheelbase and relocate the battery to the front axle to get the most out of it.

some R1 info and videos from page 6 onwards in the  link below 👍

im running mine with 355mm wheelbase and a 2000mah 2s battery on the front axle 

7C08E74E-59D6-4DBC-837A-FE096E18BEF5.thumb.jpeg.d3ccbe9d7f0b9c3be58297c8f02cbd33.jpeg

Edited by tomr
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, tomr said:

I enjoy mine and I’m yet to break anything on it. Not sure if Gmade improved the quality of the materials used but all the gears on mine have been fine so have the shocks with no leaks and work great.

IMO You do need to lengthen the wheelbase and relocate the battery to the front axle to get the most out of it.

7C08E74E-59D6-4DBC-837A-FE096E18BEF5.thumb.jpeg.d3ccbe9d7f0b9c3be58297c8f02cbd33.jpeg

Nice, I paid £130 for one used (well £150 but I had a £20 voucher to use) did that seem a good price?

Thanks

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steve-O2021 said:

Nice, I paid £130 for one used (well £150 but I had a £20 voucher to use) did that seem a good price?

Thanks

If it’s all there and in good working condition I’d say it’s a bargain mate 👍

• Like 2

18 hours ago, tomr said:

What parts do I need to do the extension mod?

Thanks

• Like 1

Had it out on Sunday and so far noticed -

- Seems to lean to the left on acceleration or is this normal for crawlers when they are going full throttle? Not really an issue just looks funny lol

- Could do with more grip, should I put a hole in the tyre or wheel to vent them to allow them to form rocks better?

- Likes to wheelie over / tip over backwards going up inclines. Any tips for this? Wheel weights at the front? Was wondering if the underdrive mod would help as it would slow the rear rotation a little more at the rear

Upgrades so far is 35kg servo I had spare and a 1080 esc on its way

Also stripped all the gear areas down and packed them with grease