• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Need a load of parts, where and how, is best to source them?

ColosTommy

Hi,

So I'm in need of a load of parts for an Arrma Outcast 6s truck. The thing is its not just a new diff case, or a new front bumper, it's essentially the whole back end of the car. I'm looking to get everything from the rear prop shaft back except shock tower, dampers and springs, wheels, and rear chassis brace.

When i've just needed a spare part or five, i've picked it up from a few of the usual suspects (make it build it, modelsport, wheelspin) but when im dealing with so many parts im not sure the best course of action. Should i place a wanted post on this forum and some facebook groups and just hope and pray the right person sees it?

Are there any UK breakers you guys would recommend for this kind of order?

Order all the parts individually from a previously mentioned retailer? I dread to think how much all that would add up to new in parts.

Or would i end up being better off picking up the cheapest 6s outcast/notorious/kraton i can find, and stripping it for the parts i require , while have the rest as spare parts for breakages?

The last option feels wastefull but may end up being the most cost effective, which seems a bit of a joke. Anyway any help or advice from people more experienced in this scene and hobby would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

Edited by ColosTommy

Have you priced up the new parts you need ?

Also have you priced up a 2nd hand roller/rtr ? ( but you may not know how good/bad it is till it arrives )

sorry no idea about breakers 

Edited by Stormbringer

Buying a long list from different sellers will soon add a lot of postage!

If you can get a whole car, maybe one with fried electrics but otherwose sound it may trurn out to be cheaper, or at least not much more expensive with the edd benefit of a chassis to cannibalise in future.

Just went through and did it roughly, still a few little bits i was missing, came to in excess of £300 from model sport, there are a load of RTR second hand vehicles i could pick up for £400 take the parts i need, sell the elctronics and still have half a car in spare parts, for the same or less money.

1 hour ago, ColosTommy said:

So ordering new from a retailer doesnt make sense.

Does anyone have experience with RC breakers, is this the kind of thing they can deal with, are they well priced?

Or better still anyone got half an outcast they want to get rid of cheap?

I always use Jennys RC, but theyre in America and the dollar isnt great any more, so the savings may not be great. Id buy a used one, take what you need and sell what you can to get some money back

I've used GOMADRC in the past check his website, also ebay has loads of brand new parts for sale just stripped from a brand new car. That's how I buy most of my spares. Also most arrma 6s trucks share parts so look for kraton parts as well.

Edited by Glenn75