• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Traxxas trx4m owners thread

Gaz!

So I started a shopping list on injora and ended up with I think a whole car 😂 £300 though for a tarantula chassis, 69mm shocks and 70mm tyres I don’t think is too bad. Only thing is I just ‘accidentally’ won a tt-02 on eBay so might put these upgrades on hold for a bit!

what do people think of the injora electrics? 

6 minutes ago, TommyC said:

So I started a shopping list on injora and ended up with I think a whole car 😂 £300 though for a tarantula chassis, 69mm shocks and 70mm tyres I don’t think is too bad. Only thing is I just ‘accidentally’ won a tt-02 on eBay so might put these upgrades on hold for a bit!

what do people think of the injora electrics? 

An injora TRX4M (if you can still call it that) will give you a awesome rig. I know I haven't spent £300 on mine due to being able to sell the traxxas parts to cover the upgrades cost however for £300 no doubt you'll have a higher spec than me. The Injora electrics have good feedback. Unless you spend £100s I don't think you'll get much better for the price. 

I forgot a servo and chassis links (out of stock of the normal ones) so maybe £320-330 + shipping and that would be a complete build with extended axles, brass hubs and diff covers, skid plates and full injora electrics. Oh and i’d need a battery.

realistically probably not going to do that any time soon but it’s nice to know. I spent £175 on the car and, buying off modelsport, could quite quickly clear the £300 mark with a few mods.

Think I’ll just go with shocks, heavy wheels and new tyres for now. Will need to save some £££’s for the tt-02 now.

10 minutes ago, TommyC said:

I forgot a servo and chassis links (out of stock of the normal ones) so maybe £320-330 + shipping and that would be a complete build with extended axles, brass hubs and diff covers, skid plates and full injora electrics. Oh and i’d need a battery.

realistically probably not going to do that any time soon but it’s nice to know. I spent £175 on the car and, buying off modelsport, could quite quickly clear the £300 mark with a few mods.

Think I’ll just go with shocks, heavy wheels and new tyres for now. Will need to save some £££’s for the tt-02 now.

They offer free shipping over £40 (I think it's £40) so if split that order up to reduce the chance of a big tax bill. Keep each order under £75 to play it safe 👍

25 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

They offer free shipping over £40 (I think it's £40) so if split that order up to reduce the chance of a big tax bill. Keep each order under £75 to play it safe 👍

Nice to know. Hadn’t got that far but assumed there would be a hefty shipping charge so best to buy all together. What’s the tax if you do get caught out?

7 hours ago, TommyC said:

Are you sure £75 is the limit? A quick google says import taxes from china start at £135? I need to spend about £80!

£75 was just a safe limit however yes £135 is the official limit however I try to stick below that. 

11 hours ago, TommyC said:

Are you sure £75 is the limit? A quick google says import taxes from china start at £135? I need to spend about £80!

I've ordered a good few times over 100 quid and not had any trouble. 

IMG_20240327_082708

This arrived last week. I still haven't tried it out yet, been busy with 1/10 crawlers. 

3s capable esc for brushed motors. Comes with various connectors, traxxas battery connector, scx24 connector and one for the balance connector on a battery. 

I was going to fit to my tarantula chassis truck, but I think I'll try it in the wrangler with the stock gearing. Should be fairly amusing to drive as a trail truck. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gaz! said:

Keep us updated please mate, seen these myself and wondered if it was any good. :good:

Will do. I might get chance later. It's a compact, well made looking esc. But it's how it performs is the important thing. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've given the injora esc a little test. 

Very nice so far. I've only used a 2s lipo so far. They are 3s capable. 

I had the crawler gears in the gearbox with the Injora 48t motor. 

The low down control is very good, I'll have to give it a comparison to the hobbywing but I'm sure it's smoother. 

Really nice looking compact esc. 

I saw a YouTube video a good few months ago and the first version of version needed some improvement. 

I left it a while until I thought it was sorted. 

I definitely recommend one for your Trx4m, ax24, fcx24 or other mini crawler. 

I'm probably going to get a few more. 

I'll try and get some videos on my crawler course. 

• Like 3

Perfect, thank you for that mate, definitely another one to look at for me now then, always good to have a couple of solid choices. 

I’ve also found the throttle curve on the Hobbywing esc’s a bit “lumpy” too at low down speeds.