• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Repairs Help!

Ripgroove37

Hi Guys,

Been a follower of this community for a while, I have come to you with a request for some help and guidance.

I bought the HBX Spectre about a year ago, to mostly play about with it with my son.  Recently not sure what happened (this the wife accidently broke it) the transmitter trigger on is broken.  The trigger losened and kind of unhinged itself.  Trying to be mr Fix it dad I opened in and try to figure out whats up.  I discovered the trigger you pull on to accelerate it, a wedge , plastic bit of it that was connected to a spring has broken off.  I have tried to dismantle it and put it together again is proving impossible.  Plus my idea of using super glue to fix on the trigger can't be done as the piece is lost.  I have thought about getting a new transmitter from the internet, but alot of transmitters come with a new receiver, and the receiver in this buggy is very hard to get to, look locked in.  Could I get a new transmitter then retune it to transmit to the receiver on the old frequency? if so unsure what frequency that would be?

Any help much appreciated.

this is the link to the RC Buggy

https://uk.banggood.com/HBX-16886-1-or-14-4WD-2_4G-RC-Car-Off-Road-Desert-Truck-Brushed-Vehicle-Models-Full-Proportional-Control-p-1866160.html?imageAb=2&akmClientCountry=GB&a=1668688994.4982&akmClientCountry=GB&cur_warehouse=CN

Hate to just throw it away and cause more unnecessary waste, especially as the buggy is perfectly good.

Many thanks

Fix it daddy

see if you can find a spares list for the car as the transmitter is often listed in the spares list 

that will give you the part number and a google search may give you a source for a new 1

• Like 2

Thanks @Stormbringer I tired to have a look on Bangood.com but cant find any spares lift/spare part list this transmitter.  If I was to buy something like this 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354335304985?epid=11042263376&hash=item528007ad19:g:~VkAAOSws4ZjSruI&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAsIbRS6iWE23BRqsuuiZdxMx%2BFHdzWpVF8QhmUkaQGACuJn8svxvDmu2BIlCq3E%2BhilDezU3NkbnKVaVTlwJQaK9eV0zG2kcGwfYKVfoDma8PGM0SrTDV9HYDrGJsdOaVho6eMcfe3I9wIvHOaK5EXxkrg0cwO8%2Fk%2Bi09wGRedGpEqnG9cO%2B%2FVChAjANTYzbDp9eZAunxzAcnAgegN0lTDzxXyBjaBj8D1N5os4UOV%2BTn|tkp%3ABk9SR4C5yeKQYQ

Would it work on the HBX spectre , its a 2.4ghz transmitter? in fact would any 2.4ghz transmitter work on my car long as its 2.4ghz? 

If so any recommendations for a quality low budget receiver ? under say £25 ? i'm open to used, long as in good condition?

Much appreciated guys 

probably not as they have their own protocols (language)

there are some generic transmitters/receivers that you can mix and match but sorry no idea what will work with each other 

Similar happend to me, i ditched the spring and as had it open used a rubber band to hold the trigger in place, been working a treat for years

as the esc and rx is built in on your model, you will also need an esc if you replace the tx/rx unit, so maybe a rubber band will be the best option for now?

Edited by Redback
  • Like 2

On 17/11/2022 at 16:21, Redback said:

Similar happend to me, i ditched the spring and as had it open used a rubber band to hold the trigger in place, been working a treat for years

as the esc and rx is built in on your model, you will also need an esc if you replace the tx/rx unit, so maybe a rubber band will be the best option for now?

I might try that, any detailed picture of your transmitter you could share on here? that would help me know what goes where , where the rubber band goes etc.. since I opened it up, everything has moved fell out of position and wouldnt know how to piece together .

By the way thanks to all helping me 🙂