• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anybody getting a Procat?

bertberr

4 hours ago, tomr said:

I raced against these back in the day with a Kyosho Lazer ZX

I’d love to build one just not sure I’d use it 

I used a lazer ZX  for a few races  but even with a silly size pinion it wasn't going to well  so went 2wd with a RC10  then got a bosscat works  secondhand at a later date.  I'm waiting to see if they release the bosscat  lol

1 hour ago, turok007 said:

I used a lazer ZX  for a few races  but even with a silly size pinion it wasn't going to well  so went 2wd with a RC10  then got a bosscat works  secondhand at a later date.  I'm waiting to see if they release the bosscat  lol

Mine was quick or at least it felt quick back then running a Reedy gold star motor.

22 minutes ago, tomr said:

Mine was quick or at least it felt quick back then running a Reedy gold star motor.

Our club was stock motors, but the car had to be good.  I remember getting a tamiya top force evo  fully upgraded  with a modded motor.   Took it the club just to see what it was like on the track.   A stock motor yokomo dogfighter went past it like i was sitting still so swapped it for a clodbuster.    cars did feel quick  but when you look at cars now  they look silly fast.  

• Like 1

Be interested to see where you go with yours spec wise / elecs.  I'm on the fence right now as I have a couple of OG Turbo Optima Mids to finish off still, one almost done the other still a box of bits, and a ReRe Tomahawk to build.  So, whilst I do really like the Procat, I may pass and wait for a Bosscat.

• 2 months later...

I have always wondered when looking back at retro buggies Vs modern buggies and asking - "Why does all the modern cars talk about how aerodynamic their bodies are, then stick a big flat wedge of carbon fibre for the shock towers?". Surely there was better ways as back then it must of been neater for airflow?

• Like 1