• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas XRT 8s

Nick

RpC3mPj.png

Boy, the black one does look good mind..

Allegedly, it's a (time-) limited edition, exclusive to Traxxas dealers. In a few months it's, again allegedly, an available colour to order. I've read it on facebook (people saying their local Traxxas dealers explained it - 3 months exclusivity is the number being thrown around), so take it with a grain of salt - but i certainly would like that.

• Like 1

I was told the black one is USA Ltd Ed only..!! Here's hoping it isn't, because that's the best looking one in my opinion..

That's one of the main things I hate about Traxxas is all their childish looking splish splosh paint jobs 😂 

I mean come on, what's wrong with just a sinlge color body.!!

I agree with you re most of their models, but I actually think these are some of their more restrained efforts, and a lot better for it in my eyes.  A lot less child like than the maxx / x-maxx colour schemes imo.

On 29/10/2022 at 17:21, BashingBrian said:

I don't understand though really what this gets them (Traxxas) how does this help the hobby or sales if you limit supply ??

Please some explain or enlighten me..!!

Have you seen whats happening with Nvidias  new releases? Its an awesome strategy - hope other companies would start using it!

2 hours ago, BashingBrian said:

I was told the black one is USA Ltd Ed only..!! Here's hoping it isn't, because that's the best looking one in my opinion..

That's one of the main things I hate about Traxxas is all their childish looking splish splosh paint jobs 😂 

Buy a transparent body, paint it - its a hobby after all....  

3 hours ago, BashingBrian said:

Agree on the country-exclusivity, that's just stupid. 

I do like the Rock n Roll paintjob though, i've got enough single colour RCs - bit of colour doesn't hurt. 

2 hours ago, bertberr said:

A lot less child like than the maxx / x-maxx colour schemes imo.

The X-Maxx comes in the same colours, plus the additional Rock n Roll/Solar Flare colourful ones. 

Well, not really the same - the red x-maxx for example has red / black in its scheme, as does the 'red' XRT, but whereas the X-Maxx has some imo weird blue/white/black wave / splash thing going on (kind of like if a 5 yr old had been given free rein in the body design/paint dept), the red XRT has imo a more classy and co-ordinated look with the grey/gunmetal.

But hey, this is simply my opinion, so if x-maxx colourways look the same to you as XRT ones, then great, we all see things differently in life (thank god, would be a bit boring otherwise). 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, m4inbrain said:

RpC3mPj.png

Boy, the black one does look good mind..

Allegedly, it's a (time-) limited edition, exclusive to Traxxas dealers. In a few months it's, again allegedly, an available colour to order. I've read it on facebook (people saying their local Traxxas dealers explained it - 3 months exclusivity is the number being thrown around), so take it with a grain of salt - but i certainly would like that.

The fact it has black alloy bits is why I want it lol. Doubt itll be a UK thing mind

7 hours ago, bertberr said:

Well, not really the same - the red x-maxx for example has red / black in its scheme, as does the 'red' XRT, but whereas the X-Maxx has some imo weird blue/white/black wave / splash thing going on (kind of like if a 5 yr old had been given free rein in the body design/paint dept), the red XRT has imo a more classy and co-ordinated look with the grey/gunmetal.

But hey, this is simply my opinion, so if x-maxx colourways look the same to you as XRT ones, then great, we all see things differently in life (thank god, would be a bit boring otherwise). 

You're right, i misremembered the X-Maxx base colours. I thought they were one colour, but they quite obviously aren't. 

And yeah, each to their own. 

4 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

The fact it has black alloy bits is why I want it lol. Doubt itll be a UK thing mind

Is there another Traxxas rig with a paintjob that you can't get over here?

19 hours ago, m4inbrain said:

You're right, i misremembered the X-Maxx base colours. I thought they were one colour, but they quite obviously aren't. 

And yeah, each to their own. 

Is there another Traxxas rig with a paintjob that you can't get over here?

Not that I know of, but the fact its a limited edition means it’s probably gonna be sold out before UK even gets a release date. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Wow I see Jenny’s RC are quick off the mark already got parts in 

https://jennysrc.com/collections/traxxas-xrt-78086-4

Wonder if they get them below retail? Adding all that up doesnt seem like much more than rrp. Quite like the dual fan idea for the X Maxx

Edited by Kpowell911

Are these orange WideMaxx arms, or does Traxxas already sell coloured stuff for the XRT? Asking for a friend. I do love that orange rig mind.. hm.

2 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Not that I know of, but the fact its a limited edition means it’s probably gonna be sold out before UK even gets a release date. 

Could be, could also mean "time-limited". X-Maxx limited editions were widely available over here (Snap On), so.. not saying that we definitely all get a black one ezpz, but i do think that it's not going to be impossible.

Edited by m4inbrain

Yeah probably, not quite sure how compatible X-Maxx stuff is. Would be interesting to know whether or not the XRT arms are 1-1 the same as X-Maxx arms, or if X-Maxx arms do fit, but are a different design etc (like the Hubs/knuckles if i'm not mistaken, different design to X-Maxx but compatible).