• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tough, 1/10th 2wd basher?

Rusty Spanner

Hiya. 

Love my Arrma Big Rock, can't really fault the thing. 

Looking for something similar in 2wd, just to scratch an itch. 

The Rustler/Stampede VXR appeals, I notice an updated model will be available at the end of the month, that appeals. 

I'd initially considered a Mad Bull, but I think something a bit tougher would be a better choice. I love my Lunchbox, but fancy something a bit more capable. 

Not fussed if rtr or kit, not bothered about brand as long as spares will be  available for some time.

Thanks in advance folks. 

2 minutes ago, Rusty Spanner said:

Hiya. 

Love my Arrma Big Rock, can't really fault the thing. 

Looking for something similar in 2wd, just to scratch an itch. 

The Rustler/Stampede VXR appeals, I notice an updated model will be available at the end of the month, that appeals. 

I'd initially considered a Mad Bull, but I think something a bit tougher would be a better choice. I love my Lunchbox, but fancy something a bit more capable. 

Not fussed if rtr or kit, not bothered about brand as long as spares will be  available for some time.

Thanks in advance folks. 

any of the traxxas 2wd will do exactly what you want. The mad bull is a little "different" to normal rcs. When it was designed the standards of control and durability were a lot lower, its a different kettle of fish than the likes of arrma/traxxas. I owned a mad bull for a while, its neat, but not exactly what youre after.

Check this for JANG's views on the mad bull

• Like 1

Thank you.

I think I'll probably go for the new Rustler.  

As a Tamiya fan, still fancy a Mad Bull as well, though it might be a bit too similar to my Lunchy, which is still making me laugh after many years. 

This hobby is crazy........😀

Edited by Rusty Spanner
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/04/2022 at 15:40, Rusty Spanner said:

Thank you.

I think I'll probably go for the new Rustler.  

As a Tamiya fan, still fancy a Mad Bull as well, though it might be a bit too similar to my Lunchy, which is still making me laugh after many years. 

This hobby is crazy........😀

So did you end up getting the Rustler? I was going to say that the Stampede, being a monster truck, would probably be better suited to 4WD.  How about a Bandit? Something completely different?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply....

.....new Traxxas stuff has been delayed, so still having a think. 

Have to say the Associated RB10 RTR is starting to look mighty tempting. There's an A Main video out there showing the buggy fitted with larger wheels, looks great as a light basher.  Also appears to be a tough little buggy and might prompt me to start racing with the stock wheels. 

I'll have a drive over to Modelsport when everything's in stock and have a proper look at them both.

Edging towards the Associated atm though!

6 hours ago, Rusty Spanner said:

Sorry for the late reply....

.....new Traxxas stuff has been delayed, so still having a think. 

Have to say the Associated RB10 RTR is starting to look mighty tempting. There's an A Main video out there showing the buggy fitted with larger wheels, looks great as a light basher.  Also appears to be a tough little buggy and might prompt me to start racing with the stock wheels. 

I'll have a drive over to Modelsport when everything's in stock and have a proper look at them both.

Edging towards the Associated atm though!

I was really close to picking up the RB10 but I plumped for the cheaper FTX Vantage because it's 4wd and I'm sure I'll break it plenty times.