• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cross-RC AT4 - FR4 etc Owner’s

tomr

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

got a gut feeling the seller is not going to send this, add is still live and not had any tracking number yet despite being told i would get a number, at least i payed paypal goods

Just had a quick look, wouldn't surprise me. Basically a 12 year old, profile littered with boyracer fiestas, seller rating 3.5 out of 5 - and most importantly.. generally, if a deal seems to good to be true, it usually is.

Lets be realistic, i usually do undervalue my RCs for a quick sale as well, but £150 for a "brand new" £400 rig, plus a motor and ESC included (so lets say £450 at the very least).. That doesn't sound right. It would very much surprise me if you'd get it - i certainly would at least message him and let him know that you'll contact paypal if he doesn't get it sorted within the week. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, m4inbrain said:

Just had a quick look, wouldn't surprise me. Basically a 12 year old, profile littered with boyracer fiestas, seller rating 3.5 out of 5 - and most importantly.. generally, if a deal seems to good to be true, it usually is.

Lets be realistic, i usually do undervalue my RCs for a quick sale as well, but £150 for a "brand new" £400 rig, plus a motor and ESC included (so lets say £450 at the very least).. That doesn't sound right. It would very much surprise me if you'd get it - i certainly would at least message him and let him know that you'll contact paypal if he doesn't get it sorted within the week. 

The seller has sent a pic of it wrapped in a blue cling film over box with my address on it so hope yet, if it turns up and as described this will be bargain of the year

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lone-wolf said:

The seller has sent a pic of it wrapped in a blue cling film over box with my address on it so hope yet, if it turns up and as described this will be bargain of the year

I agree mate, fingers crossed - but that's just the exception proving the rule. 😉 😛

• Like 1

Back in the game, it arrived, poorly packaged, get the feeling a few tiny parts may of gone missing, couple of front light lens and the like, but its as described, new 93% finished, body trimmed and painted, complete with an ISDT70 esc, i cant do anything till new servo arrives, but its a well specced rig having lots of chrome bits, 2 speed gearbox, portals and remote diff locks, sadly my GT3 wont allow me to rig up the remote diff locks i can have the 2 speed, though i could pair it up to flysky FSai6 stick radio for 6 channel, i may consider this as i could have lights on a switch, will update when i make a start

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

Back in the game, it arrived, poorly packaged, get the feeling a few tiny parts may of gone missing, couple of front light lens and the like, but its as described, new 93% finished, body trimmed and painted, complete with an ISDT70 esc, i cant do anything till new servo arrives, but its a well specced rig having lots of chrome bits, 2 speed gearbox, portals and remote diff locks, sadly my GT3 wont allow me to rig up the remote diff locks i can have the 2 speed, though i could pair it up to flysky FSai6 stick radio for 6 channel, i may consider this as i could have lights on a switch, will update when i make a start

I'm using the FS-GT5 for mine but that has used up all the available channels.

CH1: Steering servo

CH2: ESC

CH3: LED light control switch

CH4: Gearshift servo

CH5: Rear diff-lock servo

CH6: Front diff-lock servo

3 hours ago, BlackSeaRC said:

I'm using the FS-GT5 for mine but that has used up all the available channels.

CH1: Steering servo

CH2: ESC

CH3: LED light control switch

CH4: Gearshift servo

CH5: Rear diff-lock servo

CH6: Front diff-lock servo

I will set it up to start with on GT3 using steering, throttle and 2 speed, if i like it i might swap out to 6 channel stick radio to go full house on it, or sell it

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Daddyroo said:

Just a thought but how about using a y lead to lock at least one diff when you engage low gear and unlock when high is selected for trail running? 

that is a very clever but simple idea and should be easy to set up, however i am not sure if i will see this project out, i may move it on to a new owner.............these things happen

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Whats up with it mate ?

No idea, i have to pick up where previous person left of, work out what needs doing and what needs re doing, its sounding like i will have to take gearbox out to do a revision and thats a big job, never had or run a cross rc so all i can say is, dont know if i will like it plus i have a serious rc storage issue, so if this rig goes into service other stuff will have to go

• Like 1

Been giving it some thought, its best if i do the work on this as and when i get time, take gearbox out to tighten slipper clutch while a few bits are not yet installed, get it running and then see how i like it, assuming its okay i will sell the FTX fury on to make room for this rig😉

• Like 2

made a start on the cross, managed to get transmission out, as its not finished it proved a bit easier than i expected, opened it up to tighten slipper clutch and i find the previous owner has over tightened the screws that go into metal motor mount/trans backing plate and this is a cast item made from poor alloy monkey metal 3 of the mounting holes are broken.....so had no real choice but to order a new plate, i did consider just putting it back in but it would niggle me that it will fail, also if i find i dont like the truck it would not be right to maybe sell it on knowing its weak, so waiting for plate to arrive

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

made a start on the cross, managed to get transmission out, as its not finished it proved a bit easier than i expected, opened it up to tighten slipper clutch and i find the previous owner has over tightened the screws that go into metal motor mount/trans backing plate and this is a cast item made from poor alloy monkey metal 3 of the mounting holes are broken.....so had no real choice but to order a new plate, i did consider just putting it back in but it would niggle me that it will fail, also if i find i dont like the truck it would not be right to maybe sell it on knowing its weak, so waiting for plate to arrive

The holes are very close to the edge on this plate with virtually no metal around the fixing.  By coincidence I broke mine doing exactly the same thing but luckily it was only one position and I just superglued the bits back because it looked as if one fixing wouldn't really make much difference.  Plus, I couldn't find the plate on its own, just a whole gearbox parts group that would mean lots of extra parts I didn't need.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlackSeaRC said:

The holes are very close to the edge on this plate with virtually no metal around the fixing.  By coincidence I broke mine doing exactly the same thing but luckily it was only one position and I just superglued the bits back because it looked as if one fixing wouldn't really make much difference.  Plus, I couldn't find the plate on its own, just a whole gearbox parts group that would mean lots of extra parts I didn't need.

Have to say this part is poor design and poor quality, but I understand why they have done it this way, this set back is not making me like the truck

• Sad 1