• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cross-RC AT4 - FR4 etc Owner’s

tomr

Yes, that's normal to have to add extra grease.  Also, I assume you checked the adjustment of the slipper clutch before re-assembling it.

I went a bit crazy and fitted some upgrade parts to my AT4V...

DSC01699.JPG

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BlackSeaRC said:

Yes, that's normal to have to add extra grease.  Also, I assume you checked the adjustment of the slipper clutch before re-assembling it.

I went a bit crazy and fitted some upgrade parts to my AT4V...

DSC01699.JPG

Bet that lot wasn’t cheap!  Yes tightened the slipper 👍🏻 Cheers

I got all the upgrade parts together as a special upgrade package direct from China for less than 100 GBP.  Looking at the prices for individual items that was a bargain!

By the way, if you have problems assembling the wheels/tyres, please check my chassis build video at BlackSeaRC.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BlackSeaRC said:

I got all the upgrade parts together as a special upgrade package direct from China for less than 100 GBP.  Looking at the prices for individual items that was a bargain!

By the way, if you have problems assembling the wheels/tyres, please check my chassis build video at BlackSeaRC.

Thanks buddy 👍🏻

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Black is cool and does look good but that shell was begging for fire engine red

red chevy.JPG

“I see a red car and I want it painted black” 🎶 🎵 

Cant help myself I love the dark moody colours, I might do red on my next kit just for you and storms 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, BlackSeaRC said:

Talking of next kits...you are not a fan of hard body crawlers I suppose?

I quite like the hard body stuff just not sure I have the painting skills to pull it off,  I have a couple of hard body mini trail crawlers that get a good bit of use. Do you have something in mind? 

19 hours ago, tomr said:

I quite like the hard body stuff just not sure I have the painting skills to pull it off,  I have a couple of hard body mini trail crawlers that get a good bit of use. Do you have something in mind? 

Yes...but you might need to close your eyes...Cross-RC has just launched a new hard body version of the AT4 series called the XT4.  I am seriously tempted even though I just bought the AT4V last year!

Cross-RC EMO XT4.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BlackSeaRC said:

Yes...but you might need to close your eyes...Cross-RC has just launched a new hard body version of the AT4 series called the XT4.  I am seriously tempted even though I just bought the AT4V last year!

Cross-RC EMO XT4.jpg

I kinda like the look of that! Good spotting  👍🏻
They’ve took the portals off? Possibly to counter the weight of the hard body.

If mine performs well i might just pick one up. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tomr said:

I kinda like the look of that! Good spotting  👍🏻
They’ve took the portals off? Possibly to counter the weight of the hard body.

If mine performs well i might just pick one up. 

The chassis seems to be based on the AT4V RTR truck which actually had straight axles (the kit version had portal axles).  There is also a straight axle conversion for the AT4.  Personally, I bought the AT4V kit because I wanted portal axles so I'd have preferred that set-up but I guess a lot of people who do crawling like to have a lower centre of gravity.  The hard body will add a bit of weight but I suppose it is only really a front section as the roof and rear of the cab plus the doors are open.  It only got released in China a few days ago so I expect it will be quite a few months before they appear in UK.  I might order one though if the price is reasonable.

• Like 1

This is the best AT4 I have seen so far!  So much better than the usual colour schemes.  What I also like is that everything on the chassis matches perfectly as well (e.g. the stainless steel links, shock absorbers, etc).  Good job!

• Like 2

@tomrYou made a good job of the wheel arches.  I found cutting out those neatly to be the hardest part of the build.  The AT4V arches are slightly more curved at the top though.  Do you use a knife and work freehand or curved scissors?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BlackSeaRC said:

@tomrYou made a good job of the wheel arches.  I found cutting out those neatly to be the hardest part of the build.  The AT4V arches are slightly more curved at the top though.  Do you use a knife and work freehand or curved scissors?

It was actually all pre-cut and ready to paint, even the holes for the mirrors, handles etc where factory finished. 

23 minutes ago, BlackSeaRC said:

This is the best AT4 I have seen so far!  So much better than the usual colour schemes.  What I also like is that everything on the chassis matches perfectly as well (e.g. the stainless steel links, shock absorbers, etc).  Good job!

Thank you very much mate 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Looks really nice mate, almost to good to get mucky, but you will, good build

Cheers mate 👍🏻 Almost to good but not quite…it’ll be looking secondhand in no time 😁

• Haha 3