• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

3D Printing Thread

stretch

Does anyone make up a trailer kit?

I haven’t much 3d printing knowledge to be fair but I thing it could be a winner if someone did some hub that will take standard sized bearing and be able to use generic out drives such as Axial or Tamiya  leaving to chassis and load area to be sourced unless these could be printed too.

there’s a market for them I reckon, loads of people want them but they are expensive (some more than the cost of the rig that’s pulling it.

cheers.

• 2 months later...

Considering a 3d printer, is the Anycubic Photon mono 4k any good (resin printer).

is there a recommended design programme (preferably free)? 

What sort of parts are you looking to produce with it? 

If you want to create “engineering” parts then Fusion 360 is pretty good and has a free hobbyist licence you should be ok to use. If you want to produce nicer looking models for things like minatures or more organic designed then blender might be a better place to start. 

Edited by BigGinge

21 minutes ago, BigGinge said:

What sort of parts are you looking to produce with it? 

If you want to create “engineering” parts then Fusion 360 is pretty good and has a free hobbyist licence you should be ok to use. If you want to produce nicer looking models for things like minatures or more organic designed then blender might be a better place to start. 

A good question, one which my wife has just asked me!.

I have bought 3d printed scale dash gauges and little scale parts, so things like that, I just quite fancy the idea of it really.

That sounds like the sort of thing a resin printer should be good for. I’ve not used one myself but I think you might need something for doing a final UV cure of the resin part once it’s been washed. I  believe we have a separate machine for doing that into go with the resin printer we have at work.  I’m sure I’ve read about some printers having some sort of extra cure function built in too. 

Edited by BigGinge

2 hours ago, Ag100 said:

Considering a 3d printer, is the Anycubic Photon mono 4k any good (resin printer).

is there a recommended design programme (preferably free)? 

You can get Solidworks student for a mere tenner if you search around. It's an excellent CAD package.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...